LegacyGT.com

2010 6 speed in 2005?

I searched, but found mostly Spec-b and STi swap threads.

What's the level of effort required to swap a 6MT from a 2010 into a 2005 (currently has the 5MT). Obviously the trans and diff, but are the axles/hubs different? What about the electronics?

2010 is a different design for the tranny case. In 2010 design the tranny is mounted to body via 2 large bushings and engine gets bolted to tranny, as opposed to 2005-2009 design where the opposite is the case - engine sits on the cradle via two engine mounts, and tranny gets bolted to engine.

2010 6 MT has two large "legs" on the sides that get bolted to 2 large bushings I mentioned above. I personally don't see how 2010 6MT can fit into 2005 (BL/BP) body, unless those "legs" can be undone.

2010 is also different gear linkage, indirect vs 2005-2009 direct linkage via arms.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Why would you bother ? I hardly get into 6th in mine unless your on the motorway doing over 120km/hr an you need to be on the flat or better still a slight decline.

Its like an overdrive but it kills you acceleration if you suddenly need it so your always downshifting to 5th.

That 6MT gearstick knob looks bloody cool though.

2010 6 MT has two large "legs" on the sides that get bolted to 2 large bushings I mentioned above. I personally don't see how 2010 6MT can fit into 2005 (BL/BP) body, unless those "legs" can be undone.

Good info. This convinces me not to pursue this. Thanks!

Why would you bother ? I hardly get into 6th in mine unless your on the motorway doing over 120km/hr an you need to be on the flat or better still a slight decline.

Its like an overdrive but it kills you acceleration if you suddenly need it so your always downshifting to 5th.

I think I'd see some fuel efficiency increases. My car runs at about 3700 RPM when I'm cruising down the highway. I'm going to need to rebuild/replace my transmission at some point, so I was just exploring options.

Archived