LegacyGT.com

Exhaust Flange Repair Kit

MaStaMooN

Hey Guys,

Looks like the clamp between my Cobb catted downpipe and my Borla exhaust has rotted away. I have to get under there to inspect closer, but does anybody know if there is a universal clamp of some sort that would keep me out of an exhaust shop and having somebody hacking on my exhaust gear?

Would something like this work? http://a.co/d/dOBJebU

And what size would I need for the borla side and the cobb side.. i think the cobb downpipe is 3", think the borla is 3" at the donut but thins down to 2.5" maybe?

You might find a replacement downpipe by soliciting clubs or this site for people who took the downpipe off for modifications. Remember the pipes are specific to automatic versus manual transmission. Get some advice re: suitability of a WRX pipe....some will fit.

You might find a replacement downpipe by soliciting clubs or this site for people who took the downpipe off for modifications. Remember the pipes are specific to automatic versus manual transmission. Get some advice re: suitability of a WRX pipe....some will fit.

Not looking for another downpipe, wondering if the type of replacment flange I found at amazon would work to hold a cobb downpipe and a borla catback together.. and what size clamp I would need.

Looks like I need to jack my car back up and take a closer look and do some measurements. Or bite the bullet and get it repaired by a shop.

Best best is to go to a shop and have them chop out the rusted/rotted material on both sides of the flange and have them weld in a new piece of pipe along with two new flanges. I would search the web for two Vibrant 2.5" or 3.0" flanges and take it to the shop.

That flange you posted about is a band aid to the larger issue, rust.

Best best is to go to a shop and have them chop out the rusted/rotted material on both sides of the flange and have them weld in a new piece of pipe along with two new flanges. I would search the web for two Vibrant 2.5" or 3.0" flanges and take it to the shop.

That flange you posted about is a band aid to the larger issue, rust.

The pipes themselves are both stainless steel.. Its the mild steel clamps that are rotted through

But the more I think about it, I might just bring it to a shop and see what they can do..

But the more I think about it, I might just bring it to a shop and see what they can do..

That's what I would do. I had my buckled flange and flex section replaced after being rear ended last year. It cost $85 and took about an hour.

The other guy's insurance gave me the value of a new Q300 exhaust so I paid it happily.

So I got to take a closer look this weekend.. the Borla clamp was totally rotted out and not holding the cat back to the downpipe at all, even though technically it was still bolted to the downpipe lol. Wonder if these clamps are part of their million mile warranty?

So as a stop gap, I got one of these http://a.co/d/2WZwrBS from autozone for 5 bucks.

The hole spacing is wrong and the included bolts were too big for the holes in the downpipe flange so I had to drill them out just a hair. Managed to get it snugged up for now. It aint pretty but it will get me down the road until I get a chance to get an exhaust shop to look at it I guess.

IMG_20181006_125723.thumb.jpg.fce7ff634dec96efad0d1472b2ae3666.jpg

IMG_20181007_135207.thumb.jpg.6634488b734647cd656f484ef47a8041.jpg

IMG_20181007_145654.thumb.jpg.c054767084ea0aea61f86658c44ab954.jpg

Archived