LegacyGT.com

What I did with my 08 SpecB OEM NAV

m sprank

NICE. Home enclosures are like furniture work. So close and visual.

Everything in the Forester is working brilliantly. Found my front right channel was losing signal strength which dropped the output. Traced to a bad line driver. Replaced with new and all is good. Having friends helps when you need a 15+ yr old replacement part.

Windshield crack is almost a 100% seperation. No moisture yet, but I REALLY need to replace it. I am surprised the back glass seal is holding with the amount of flex I can SEE. Something that I will be periodically checking.

Drove from SD to SF. 10+ hours each way. After 2+ hours of pissing off the world the bass amp goes into heat overload protection. 2+ hours of taxing the alternator and my class A/B amp running 2 ohms heats up. Imagine that. No biggie. Shut it down, open a window and back to bleeding ears 30 min later.

I stopped playing with the home equipment back in 2001 when I scored my DefTechs. BP2000TL up front. Dual 15" side firing woofers powered by Bob Carver Sunfire amps. Center channel houses a 10" woofer and 500w amp. I broke the oven door and fireplace doors almost simultaneously playing DJ Magic Mike (iirc) for some friends. Shit happens.

Who knew going deaf could be so much fun???

Looking to relocate to DC area in next 6 months. Already looking at vehicles that would work for the climate and job that will fit 4x15's. Gotta have goals.

Edited by m sprank

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank man. I used some stain for the box instead of paint. First time I am doing this. Not fully pleased really. Still thinking of what to do to make it look better. What I need to do for sure is add a grill to protect the sub. I don't want to but with kids playing around and always curious to check out the sub when it moves, it is a must. I have a grille but I need some kind of spacers due to the amount of Xmas this TCsound has.

Good to hear your system works great. Although surprised your amp went into protect. You must have been pushing that thing a lot!

2x15 in the house breaking stuff huh? Awesome :spin:

Why coming to DC? Work? If you're here while I am still here, we should meet. Want to hear that system.

Work is relocating me. DC is where they want me. Technically I cover the mid atlantic region (plus some).

I work from home and dont need to be in the city, so we have been looking at Charles Town and Harpers Ferry.

Not 100% on if the Forester makes the trip or not. But, I am not 100% on a lot of whats going right now, lol.

Yup, 2x15 and 1x10 with a combined 2500 watts broke s%#t in a 1300sqft house with wood floors. I laughed so hard I almost split my spleen that day.

• 1 year later...
Forester has not changed. But I started working on my 4Runner. IIrc I am now on my 7th "revision" so far. Nothing like the Forester. Going "stealth". Pretty happy for two 12's. I should drop the headliner and reinforce the roof already. I want to double the cone area and power and have been modeling enclosures. Never had too much bass.

1.thumb.jpg.975a195bca509a63b52042db3dd3d9a8.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.7481b3bfd8436835a38a365baea5e186.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.d3d20ba2da0b0f42f81af785952331c4.jpg