LegacyGT.com

how my after market install was done

daswrx

jsalicru is actually right on this. That's the way to do it. If someone can create a board that's somewhat of a "plug and play" type thing. I'd buck up the cash for that no problems without a 2nd thought. (reasonably, I'm not paying $2k or something insane like that.) How's does that sound "thread creator"? Let us know. I'd be willing to donate to the cause here.
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

actually, THE very best solution is to get the JDM double din unit to work with a board in between. Im sure it can be done.

Anyone ever thought about checking to see if Australia Subaru has PDF files for the service manual just like SOA?

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

I have 2 problems with using the jdm part. 1) I want my temps to be in faheriheit (spelling?) & not celsius. 2) I like the dual zone. I'm all usdm or nothing. I'd rather go with the manual a/c controls than the JDM.
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

actually, THE very best solution is to get the JDM double din unit to work with a board in between. Im sure it can be done.

Anyone ever thought about checking to see if Australia Subaru has PDF files for the service manual just like SOA?

I have 2 problems with using the jdm part. 1) I want my temps to be in faheriheit (spelling?) & not celsius. 2) I like the dual zone. I'm all usdm or nothing. I'd rather go with the manual a/c controls than the JDM.

I thought the same thing, JDM is the way to go....there's another problem with the JDM unit....read post number 130 by SOCalGT.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?p=363169#post363169

If you can read this, you're following too close.

Click Me

This is a pipedream! I gave up on even trying to do this. As a result I am installing a screen in the cubby hole for my navigation, sat. radio and backup camera. Running JL Cleansweep and new BA Speakers. Topped of with a couple of alpine amps and a 10" JL Sub. Personally I think that having a screen where the radio is might be a little low and distracting especially with a MT. I am getting my car back this week and will post some pictures.

<snip>1. Why do you think the climate control is dependent of the HU?<snip>

I have looked enough at Vacation Pictures to know that some of the buttons on the head unit are used for diagnostic functions of the climate control system. Other than that I don't know.

If you separate the two units, you lose the self-diagnostic function of the ACC system.

Steve

Yep, I'm gonna bring those pics to him & figure it out since we're gettin no love here from daswrx. Might as well not have even showed me this. I joke, good job, but I really want this done.

Yep, I'm gonna bring those pics to him & figure it out since we're gettin no love here from daswrx. Might as well not have even showed me this. I joke, good job, but I really want this done.

if you can find a real good installer and good with soldering i can send you some more pics of wher i cut the board... but as for now i'm thinking of hacking up anther stereo and doing it diffently useing the factory bezel and bottons. to control aftermarket stereo. mostliky a pioneer one. will be posted in audio section.

Archived