LegacyGT.com

'05 LGT 5MT Question (TY757VBAAB) Speedo-gear?

suprunner

Hi all,

first time posting here. I have done some searching with the above transmission code, and through posts referencing that year/model 5mt... Haven't found exactly my answer. If anybody does, I'm happy to read more...

ANYWAY, I'm about to purchase a 5mt with under 60k miles on it. Code: TY757VBAAB . I believe this came with the '05 Legacy GT wagon... I only have pictures of this thing right now, and it appears that there is not a speedometer sensor, but a plug where one would go. Just curious if there will be a pickup gear under, or will I need to split the case and install?

Going into a '98 Outback with a "Frankenmotor" (2.5 SOHC block with 2.5 DOHC heads).

Thanks for your time,

Greg

Not exactly sure what is present in the box, but The 4th gen manuals used ABS speed sensors for speedo readings so didn't use any kind of transmission mounted solution so you’d assume Subaru wouldn't install one and just not use it

2000 Legacy B4 RSK - SOLD

2006 Legacy BP5 GT Spec B wagon - Garage Thread

2011 VW T5 van 2.0L of turbo diesel awesomeness

Not exactly sure what is present in the box, but The 4th gen manuals used ABS speed sensors for speedo readings so didn't use any kind of transmission mounted solution so you’d assume Subaru wouldn't install one and just not use it

Okay, that makes sense. Looks like I’ll be installing one.

Archived