LegacyGT.com

Cylinder 1 misfire on hot start

So I just picked up a LGT as a daily and everything has been good until recently... I had p0301 pop up a couple of times. Checked with freessm... once car is at operating temp and you shut off and restart before it starts to cool down I get a intermittent cylinder 1 roughness. I tried to clean maf, change coil, change injector, and put a new spark plug in cylinder 1. I did find a cracked hose and fixed that but still have the hot start issue. Driveability wise she runs perfect. The short block is a wrx short block with 30k and brand new redone heads. Running out of ideas.... anyone ever run into this issue before?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Regarding the steps taken so far, I'm going to assume that your coil/injector/plug swaps involved swapping those components with another cylinder or otherwise putting in KNOWN good components. So moving on to other possibilities, I would consider the possibility of a vacuum leak near cylinder 1. In FreeSSM, what is your fuel learning in the A/B/C ranges? If you can post the LV snapshot, that would be great.

Another thing to check out is worn ignition coil connector pins. If you give those a tiny twist with a pair of needle-nose pliers, that may tighten up any wiggle that's developed there.

Not sure about fuel learning but I did have a friend check it out with his laptop. He did mention that when the misfire occurs it's running rich. I also sprayed all the vacuum hoses and sprayed around the IM gasket especially cylinder one with no changes in rpm.

Archived