LegacyGT.com

Radiator Replacement Question

After 10 years and 175K miles the original radiator on my 08 LGT sprung a leak along the top seam. Not dumping coolant and car isn't running/hasn't ran hot, I noticed the other day a slight coolant smell when I parked. Popped the hood and right on top I can see the green coolant pooling in the plastic to AL bonded seam.

On my 2.5i this was an easy choice, buy OE equivalent and call it a day, but on my LGT I'd like something "better" if that is possible.

Seen the Mishimoto and Koyo models are all AL and larger capacity. Should I go for either?

Thanks

Was told by my techs at Cobb Surgeline that the Koyo was better build quality and fit / finish than the Mishimoto so I went with that.

I've heard that same thing.

However the original lasted 10 years and 175k miles, so there is that...

Went with Rockauto Premium Radiator Option (Spectra) and went to the dealer for OEM radiator cap and hoses.

While I couldn't justify the $285 for the Koyo for my needs I also couldn't justify paying the dealer $277.06 :lol: for the same unit I bought from the parts store.

Also got one of those large burping funnels that connects to the radiator so all you do is fill it up and let your car idle. I've got half a gallon of full strength Subaru Green so ill mix that up with Distilled Water (50/50) get her buttoned up.

Thanks all

Archived