LegacyGT.com

Random power loss?

Recently started to drive the Legacy again and it has started to randomly act like it would lose all power for a split second and come right back. Very odd but would never do it long enough to ever check anything and some days never did it all.

Then the other day 5 minutes of driving it then it lost all power and would barely run. It didn't have enough power to even move and would only idle if you kept hitting the gas to keep it going. My wideband seemed to be pegged on lean but car was running so poorly it was jumping around very quickly. It stalled many times and after starting it and trying to keep it running it finally cleared up and then drove like nothing ever happened? No check engine light or anything. Any ideas or anybody have something similar ever happen? I just filled it up a couple days before. Not sure if maybe had some bad gas or not. Very odd.

I guess I should be little more specific when I say power loss. Not power as in electrical but engine power. Pretty much acts like if you ran the car out of gas and it has just enough to start and barely run. Then less then 5 minutes of acting up goes right back to running like nothing happened. Very odd and yet no codes thrown at all.

I guess I should be little more specific when I say power loss. Not power as in electrical but engine power. Pretty much acts like if you ran the car out of gas and it has just enough to start and barely run. Then less then 5 minutes of acting up goes right back to running like nothing happened. Very odd and yet no codes thrown at all.

No electrical power means no ECU which means no engine power. Check the things mentioned in the other reply. How often does it happen and at what RPM range?

I've already treated the fuel system with suspecting possible bad gas, no change to how it ran. Problem is the issue is very random and normally comes and goes before you can log any data or mess with anything. I know there was a lot of issues with the DW65 pumps years back and I'm thinking I may have a pump that is starting to go bad. Mine has been installed for roughly 4 years. Going to swap in an AEM pump and see what happens.

• 3 weeks later...
Finally determined my running issue. I was running the car with the data list up on my scan tool and noticed my map was running in boost while the car was just idling. When I messed with the sensor or tapped on it at all the car would almost shut off. Swapped out the old omni power one with a brand new one and all back to normal. Still odd it never threw a code for sensor out of range. Weird.

Archived