LegacyGT.com

Banjo bolts..

I'm sure this has been covered before and I'm sorry but I keep finding different information on this and would really like some confirmation.

First of all, how many banjo bolts are in the 05 XT? I keep reading that theres 3 but I've been told (and shown) by a guy on a FB group that there are 4. One by the turbo, one behind the timing belt cover, and 2 ontop of the heads on the driver and passenger sides. So it is actually 4 in total am I right?

Second, I understand the banjo bolt size for the one by the turbo is different from the others, but is the copper washers used for all 4 bolts the same? (part number 803912040)

And lastly can someone confirm that the torque spec is 21.4 ft lbs when they go back in?

Just bought an 05 xt. Previous owner said he removed the screens from the turbo banjo bolt and the one behind the timing cover, but he wasn't aware of the (2?) ontop of the heads. So I'll be removing those next oil change, anything else I'll need to know before attempting this would be appreciated.

There are 5 total oil feed banjos, 2 for each avcs feed line and then 1 on your turbo for the oil feed. Additionally, there are 3 total coolant banjos, 1 at the back of the head to feed the turbo and then 2 on the turbo.

Torque specs:

4 avcs oil feed banjos: 21.4 ft-lbs

1 turbo oil feed on turbo: 11.6 ft-lbs

2 turbo coolant feeds on turbo: 24.6 ft-lbs

1 coolant tank feed on cylinder head: 24.6 ft-lbs

Archived