LegacyGT.com

Official dual HVAC Double Din (JDM) Kit thread V2

dwolson2

As the title says, pictures are gone. Anyone have pictures of how the JDM conversion looks on USDM 05-09lgts? Having seen how different they are and that the dual zone controls are reversed, is there any way to correct that?

EDIT: just realized that they control their respective side... Also, In need of the top half for the JDM conversion (the big square hole), and don't have the funds to buy a whole kit, plus i have the HVAC controls already as this conversion has apparently already been done on my car

Edited by NoOne1223

As the title says, pictures are gone. Anyone have pictures of how the JDM conversion looks on USDM 05-09lgts? Having seen how different they are and that the dual zone controls are reversed, is there any way to correct that?

EDIT: just realized that they control their respective side... Also, In need of the top half for the JDM conversion (the big square hole), and don't have the funds to buy a whole kit, plus i have the HVAC controls already as this conversion has apparently already been done on my car

https://www.ebay.com/itm/233925580642

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

For those with the JDM kit, have you ever ran into an issue where upon starting the car the HVAC system is set to FULL blower at whatever temp you last had it set and is unresponsive ?

Recently mine has been doing this, and after a few mile i can turn it off but its just bizarre. I guess i should order a replacement before it completely kicks the bucket

• 3 months later...

Here's the setup I've been working on for quite some time. I was new to stereo/electric updates until this year, but now it's not so intimidating.

I'm having trouble getting the gaps filled in around the shifter and HVAC, and my oil pressure gauge isn't receiving the correct power voltage so I can't save settings, but otherwise I'm very happy and everything is working great.

932815588_Screenshot_20220106-0652562.thumb.png.04606eddfedc4d20dc38e671c0ec98a4.png

Edited by BoozeRS05

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished my install. Below is a simple breakdown of my setup:

Dash Kits:

H0017AG920 - JDM Single Din Cubby Kit

H6217AG911 - JDM Double Din Kit (w/ i88 and i85 adapters)

Electronics:

Sony XAV-AX8000 Double Din halo style stereo (Single DIN install)

Generic 7" Double Din Android stereo (Used only as a screen for BtSsm)

Metra ASWC-1

VAG-COM KKL USB OBD2 Cable

Android Software:

BtSsm (Gauges Displayed: Boost, IAM, AFR, Coolant Temp, Fuel Correction, FLKC, FKC, Batt)

Autostart and StaY! (Runs BtSsm on Android boot)

* Winter wheels don't have TMPSs installed

* Cubby info screen isn't plugged in. The OEM Nav loom doesn't have the plug for it. May install something more interesting there in the future

1094388284_IMG_26022.thumb.JPG.b629b10419fd3d586f88f4f40dbff48d.JPG

1551036547_IMG_26092.thumb.JPG.774248aafd1e0fe86f4d85d8d48e4217.JPG

Edited by busyychild

• 1 month later...
Another big thanks to Raul at TightFitFab (k00laid83) - he quickly shipped me all the parts I needed to upgrade my 2006 Outback stock radio to a modern head unit (Kenwood DPX794BH). What a difference! Will try to post a before & after pic below.

20220225_122438.thumb.jpg.edcac98926c8e7d1d0bc577fa32a2ace.jpg

20220305_175901.thumb.jpg.cf2d3cbe0447779ed9750a48d6924f90.jpg

• Like 1

Looks great. How much $$$?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Thanks, it wasn't a cheap project. $325 for the JVM parts, $125 for all the wiring harnesses, $260 for the Kenwood and $300 for labor (Cartunes Atlanta did the install).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

I write from, Italy and I am new in this forum.

I own an third generaion Outback and I would like to install an 2din radio. I was not able to buy a 2 din faceplate so I want to built it myself starting from and original Subaru headunit. Does anyone have suggestion on how to proceed ?

Thank you

Anyone knows if David at SVXdc at 96svx.dc@gmail.com is still making i88 cables. I have emailed him a couple of time for a couple of weeks now and got no response. i sure would like to get a complete i88 harness to finish up my stereo install. can anyone here shoot me in the right direction or guide me on how to contact David at SVXdc?

Try two posts above yours: https://tightfitfab.com/

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So I'll probably be getting the i88 with antenna and stereo i85. Question regarding this, I have the P-204UH and swapping the LHD EDM model in so I don't have the issues with the RHD JDM fitment bias along w the Russian double din trim for aftermarket stereo. Just making sure this is going to work the same. Going into a 2008 USDM gt limited without nav.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by SpecDubC

So I'll probably be getting the i88 with antenna and stereo i85. Question regarding this, I have the P-204UH LHD EDM model I am swapping in so I don't have the issues with the RHD JDM fitment bias along w the Russian double din trim for aftermarket stereo. Just making sure this is going to work the same. Going into a 2008 USDM gt limited without nav.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

As long as you have the LHD EDM electronics and LHD faceplate it will work.

As long as you have the LHD EDM electronics and LHD faceplate it will work.
Yeah I have the clone double din faceplate that guy in Russia sold on ebay. Can't get stuff from RU now lol. And by electronics I am guessing you mean already have the same type of climate control just usdm.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

What information are you after? It's been awhile since I did mine but you need an i88 adapter https://tightfitfab.com/2005-2009-subaru-legacy-gt-outback-jdm-double-din-dual-zone-climate-control-i88-adapter/

possibly an i85 adapter https://tightfitfab.com/2005-2009-subaru-legacy-gt-outback-i85-adapter/

you'll need to trim plastic in order to reroute the hazard switch location

• Like 1

On 8/26/2022 at 7:10 PM, stridermc said:

What information are you after? It's been awhile since I did mine but you need an i88 adapter https://tightfitfab.com/2005-2009-subaru-legacy-gt-outback-jdm-double-din-dual-zone-climate-control-i88-adapter/

possibly an i85 adapter https://tightfitfab.com/2005-2009-subaru-legacy-gt-outback-i85-adapter/

you'll need to trim plastic in order to reroute the hazard switch location

Understood, thanks.