LegacyGT.com

Any recommendations for summer/track tire for 06 Spec.B (245x40-18)

CTATV

So I’m no longer daily driving my Legacy, and am planning to take it out to the track this fall/next season. my current all seasons (Pirelli Pzero Nero) are smoked. Looking for something with superior performance. Longevity is not important. They are going on my stock spec.B 18s as i have too much other stuff to spend money on to go buy new rims too.

Going to have the 18s powder coated gunmetal or mat black I think. Something they hides the brake

Dust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're planning on running the tire size you have listed in the title on your stock Spec B wheels, it won't work. Honestly for a 7inch wide wheel you're really limited to 225 wide tires so if you are serious about tracking your car, I would invest in wider wheels to pair with wide tires

But on a budget reduce your tire size to 215s or 225s on a 7 inch rim. Otherwise, much tire slop on turn in at corners. Your steering won't feel precise. I'd recommend calling Tire Rack and telling the salesman your plans to track it. They supply a lot of autox and racers and know their shit. They will find you a tire within your budget that will work for you.

And your brakes are more important than your tires. You cannot use street pads at the track without the risk of boiling your brakes and not being able to drive home becz your pads are gone. You will need something that take the abuse a track day will provide. Tire Rack is good for this too but their choices may be more limited. You may want to look in the brake threads for info. And bleed your brakes and put in a high temp fluid. Again, Tire Rack, but there is plenty of info here if you look for it.

if you dont care about longevity, then the pinacle autox/track 200TW tires today currently are the Bridgestone RE71-R or the BFGoodridge Rivals S 1.5. they are the stickiest things that are not a DOT slick like a Hoosier A/R7. 225 wide is what you want on your stock 7" wide wheels.

Pick up a set of Hawk HP+ brake pads too. ;)

Archived