LegacyGT.com

2005 Legacy GT EJ20y Ecu

Hey all,

I'm currently in the process of swapping an ej20y into my lgt and I'm looking to order the jdm ecu. I haven't been able to find any manual transmission ecu anywhere and only auto ones. My question is that I know the hardware between an auto and manual ecu is the same, but is it possible to flash manual transmission data onto an auto ecu? I want to make sure this is possible before I buy an ecu. I plan to use romraider and tatrix open source to to some final tuning once the ecu is swapped in and the exhaust avcs is all wired up.

Also can someone confirm part numbers for a manual trans ecu? I'm finding conflicting part numbers all over...

Current part number I have #22611AK221

Thanks for any input!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It’s just a matter of flashing the correct manual ROM to the ECU to get that side of things working. Remember, even if you get a manual ECU all the BCM stuff needs to be synced/coded together for the dash and other bits to operate. Dealers can do it for identical ECU’s but unsure how that’ll apply to a completely different ECU.

Is your vehicle currently manual or auto?

2000 Legacy B4 RSK - SOLD

2006 Legacy BP5 GT Spec B wagon - Garage Thread

2011 VW T5 van 2.0L of turbo diesel awesomeness

It’s just a matter of flashing the correct manual ROM to the ECU to get that side of things working. Remember, even if you get a manual ECU all the BCM stuff needs to be synced/coded together for the dash and other bits to operate. Dealers can do it for identical ECU’s but unsure how that’ll apply to a completely different ECU.

Is your vehicle currently manual or auto?

My vehicle is a manual. I've read into either swapping over the usdm eprom chip onto the jdm ecu or taking the car into a dealership to have them read the immobilizer codes on the jdm ecu. I'm fairly new to the this type of stuff with digging into ecus. Do you know if it is possible to read the manual trans ROM off of the udsm ecu and just copy it onto the jdm ecu or would I have to find the ej20y specific manual trans ROM?

Archived