LegacyGT.com

Infiniti Q50 Red Sport AWD ... in hopes of limited mods

so - does limited mods just mean not a built engine but literally everything else :D

I believe that pretty much sums it up. That and no flex fuel.

So far, the car is very pleasant to drive. Is a tiny bit lighter and quicker.

If I ever do a mod that takes away the pleasant factor, I will take a step back and go a different direction.

My focus with this car is to have a really nice street car. I am not going to set any lap records.

I may not even do an exhaust. I don't know. Depends on how the car does with just a tune on 91 and 96.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know...not even with unlimited mods. Point being that I will not make this car undriveable.

I finally love a car again. Not as much as my G35 coupe. Wish I had never sold it. But, I do love this car. I can't imagine modding the carp out of it.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

• 1 month later...

Car is now fitted with 275/35/19 RE71R. Noticeably more grip than the 265/35/19 RE71R. Also, just a touch less quick but well worth the additional grip.

No fender mods and no rubbing.

• 3 months later...

Been quiet for a while.

Z Car Garage installed RSR coilover extenders for me. Very clean job as there is no way to access the adjustment from the trunk like in a Subaru.

A tiny bit of weight shedding and a little more power are in the plans for the next few months. DP, Exhaust, Tune, BOVs, and Battery.

Yes, the car will still be drivable....

• 5 weeks later...

Made my list a little smaller. No DP nor BOV.

GTHaus cat-back exhaut ~ just a few pounds lighter but made 13whp/11wtq...17whp at top end.

Aluminum undertray ~ gained 4#.

Braille Lithium battery ~ lost 26.7#

Overall not too bad at around 25 pounds lighter and a few more horses.

Still not tuned as we ran out of time.

Edited by fredrik94087

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The car is doing great. Only have an exhaust on there, but with all the other little mods, it just plain hauls.

Been contemplating ecutek, but holding off.

The turbos may have a tendency to go, and I have an extended warranty on the car. For now, it will stay stock as I picked up a G35 coupe to play with.

On rare occasion, the ecutek software has messed up the factory ECU and the car will not start.

A local guy had to get his ECU replaced at the dealer.

Add to it the serpentine belt issue and it is more than enough reason to do all the non powertrain related mods.

But, absolutely, with flex fuel, dp, exhaust, upgraded hpfp and lpfp you can hit 500whp.

We have a q60 in doing the ams stage 3 package right now and a custom ecutek tune. I have not had any issue flashing these cars thus far. Definitely power houses in stock form but downright scary with a few choice mods.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

• 1 year later...

If anyone cares...

Still with the Q50 RS. Haven't done anything stupid with it.

I still have the 2005 G35 I bought a year ago. That car saved my Q50. I have my daily and I have my fun car.

I'd list all the mods, but I am very afraid...I'll just say 450whp/350wtq in a RWD 6 speed platform.

If anyone wants to reach me, it is my username at yahoo dot com.

If anyone cares...

Still with the Q50 RS. Haven't done anything stupid with it.

I still have the 2005 G35 I bought a year ago. That car saved my Q50. I have my daily and I have my fun car.

I'd list all the mods, but I am very afraid...I'll just say 450whp/350wtq in a RWD 6 speed platform.

If anyone wants to reach me, it is my username at yahoo dot com.

Cool. Still wish the sport seats weren't so uncomfortable for me..