LegacyGT.com

Just bought Accessport. Want to use Stage 2 map with CATLESS downpipe

teksimian

Just picked up an accessport. going to flash a stage 1 map today or tomorrow.

I also have a catless CNT downpipe that I want to install. Does anyone know if the stage 2 map turns off the CEL for going catless? Or will i need access tuner to do it manually/myself?

I've read about people having some overboost issues, but people seem to have those issues even with some catted downpipes.

You can run the stage2 ots with a catless pipe. Expect boost creep. Not a bad idea to at least get a good etune. Lots of happy cryo customers on this forum.

I plan on it eventually, but as far as i know you cant tune boost creep. either port the waste gate or get an external one. is there anything a tune will do to compensate for boost creep?

Or use a Cobb downpipe. The slight back pressure created by the neck down area is what kills the boost creep. That is why the OTS tunes are specific to their down pipe.

Give up 1whp to eliminate the boost creep without having to go external waste gate, etc.

You can not tune out boost creep. You can decrease it with work, but it is a give and take scenario.

Or use a Cobb downpipe. The slight back pressure created by the neck down area is what kills the boost creep. That is why the OTS tunes are specific to their down pipe.

Give up 1whp to eliminate the boost creep without having to go external waste gate, etc.

You can not tune out boost creep. You can decrease it with work, but it is a give and take scenario.

call me juvenile but I actually just like the idea of my toy spitting some flames..

You wont spit flames just from being catless.

And on that note... a pet peeve of mine. I hope all the juveniles out there who think the new flame throwing craze is cool realize that with a small exhaust leak your car is a BOMB. In order to throw a flame you must get un-burnt fuel close to the exhaust tip. So, you must run uber rich for a moment. If you have an exhaust leak and the fuel comes out before the tip but somewhere hot enough to ignite (header to up pipe) you go BOOM.

This is why I like catted downpipes, less chance of creep and still 99% of the power without killing baby penguins.....

We are happy to help with any parts needs or etuning etc.....

*Thanks msprank for the good words*

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Archived