LegacyGT.com

Damaged mirror - info needed to replace

Calbar

My wife just recently ran the passenger mirror into the side of the garage door frame and now it needs to be replaced.:eek::icon_frow

Dealer wants $172 for the labour and another $550 for the parts. I can reduce the parts a bit because the painted trim piece can be re-used as it only has a very small scuff mark. Glass is not damaged and can be re-used.

Does anyone know how hard it is to remove the door panel to access the 3 screws and replace the mirror. I am pretty handy but would like to see if anyone has instructions from the repair manual that they would be willing to share on how to do this or at least has done it and can provide pointers. Car is not even 2 years old so really don't want to bugger up the door panel.

Thanks,

Rob

Check for a matching mirror on car-part.com first you can order straight from there. Any door panel is easy to remove if you find the screws. Because your car is newer it may be harder to find one, but if you have patience, one will surely show up somewhere
08 Spec B, insta: @08_spec_b, 10 SH Forester insta: @shfozzy

So just finished replacing the mirror myself. Had one shipped through car-part.com and replaced the old one on Friday night. Very easy and straight forward. Needed my wife's small compact mirror to see the release on a couple of the door harness connectors and her hands to hold the mirrors when removing and replacing. Guess that's the least she could do considering.

All for less than $300 and now I have spare motor, glass and colour back shell just in case.

Archived