LegacyGT.com

05 OB XT broken bolt

You don't list what car you have so I can not tell 100% what it is. That being said, that bolt appears to be the bolt that holds the front of the casting part for the the AC compressor. There should be two more on the back. I would say it would be fine without it as long as the other bolts are there. Over time, it could crack the metal casting for the AC compressor if the bolt is missing since it would allow more stress on the two rear bolts. It is not part of the tensioner.

You don't list what car you have so I can not tell 100% what it is. That being said, that bolt appears to be the bolt that holds the front of the casting part for the the AC compressor. There should be two more on the back. I would say it would be fine without it as long as the other bolts are there. Over time, it could crack the metal casting for the AC compressor if the bolt is missing since it would allow more stress on the two rear bolts. It is not part of the tensioner.
I have 05 OB XT in my title,

2005 outback XT

After further examination it doesn't appear to be AC compressor bolt or tensioner bolt. It's below the AC compressor and beside one of the timing cover bolts.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I don't recognize that bolt, being that long it must hold something ?

I do agree, you'll want to have it replaced over time.

If I remember I'll check my wagon tomorrow.

Hey, look through my click here link and see if you can find a picture that shows it.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

That looks like one of the bolts that holds the timing belt tensioner bracket to the engine. It's held in place with 3 bolts. Two longer one up top that are exposed (one of which is showing as broken), and one shorter bolt under the cover.

Where you taking the bolt out or did it just fall out?

Archived