LegacyGT.com

Checking clutch pedal position - 7th notch position?

I'm checking the clutch pedal position - the FSM says to align the seat with the 7th notch position from the very front.

Notch position? I don't have manual seats that lock back at certain positions, it's you know, a motor that moves the seat.

Or is the notch somewhere else?

What am I missing here?

Thanks

Never mind the seat position when adjusting the clutch.

Just make sure that you have some free play for the clutch arm so the bearing don't wear out prematurely and room for some clutch wear while you also have a sufficient stroke to completely disengage the clutch.

453747.png

Usually the "free play" is counted from the pedal unpressed until it gets in contact with the clutch arm/bearing. That movement is what you usually count on when you adjust the clutch. If you count from the other end - fully depressed and releasing until it engages then you have a strange setup that would be hard to drive.
453747.png

Usually the "free play" is counted from the pedal unpressed until it gets in contact with the clutch arm/bearing. That movement is what you usually count on when you adjust the clutch. If you count from the other end - fully depressed and releasing until it engages then you have a strange setup that would be hard to drive.

The other end is fine it's just how the clutch must be

Archived