LegacyGT.com

Weird Noise coming from wheels?

I drive an 09 Legacy 2.5i and had the exact same sound coming from both passenger and driver side front wheels. For mine it had turned out that the clips that hold the brake pads had warped and were rubbing against the rotor, all that was required was a realignment of these clips and the sound went away immediately.

I drive an 09 Legacy 2.5i and had the exact same sound coming from both passenger and driver side front wheels. For mine it had turned out that the clips that hold the brake pads had warped and were rubbing against the rotor, all that was required was a realignment of these clips and the sound went away immediately.
Sweet, glad you found your problem. This brings the question of what brakes I should get... Are eBay quality rotors I should stay away from? I'm thinking of Hawk HPS pads and eBay rotors

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Do you want blanks or slotted/drilled? Powerstop rotors are a decent slotted and drilled option and fairly cheap. Many folks have good luck with centric blanks.
Thanks I'll check those out

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
So I just changed all four pads and rotors to the Powerstop Z23 kit. The weird squel was seized up guide pins on both passenger and driver side brakes causing uneven wear on the pads and making them squeak further. Previous owner must not have lubed the pins.... The previous pads and rotors we're Hawk, which definitely had better braking power but not by much (maybe because I haven't broken these in yet). I'll also be switching to Motul 5.1 brake fluid in the next days

They may have just used the wrong lubricant instead of no lube at all. The permatex stuff in the link below seized up my lower caliper guide pins with the rubber bushing, because it caused the rubber to swell. From now on I'll only use something like sil-glyde on guide pins with rubber bushings, people complain that other permatex products cause rubber to swell as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Permatex-24110-Ultra-Brake-Caliper/dp/B000HBNV6W

Archived