LegacyGT.com

Extended seat rails

Did a search and didn’t find anything relevant. Looking to extend the driver seat back a couple of inches. Have recently been experiencing some sciatica pain and could use a bit more room. I don’t usually use the rear seat area for passengers so I might as well make myself more comfortable.

I’m 6’3 and up until now it’s been enough room. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

It doesn't look like there is too much room in the back when the front seat is all the way back. I'd like to do the same thing. I'm only 6'1" but got spoiled in my last car, a 2015 Sonata, which had 2.6" more legroom.

I have problems the other way around - short legs and long back, and for me the Subies are great - no headroom problem. BMWs is a different story for me...

I hope that you are able to get some fix for that since at least I understand your problems.

453747.png

The seat is bolted securely into the frame, moving it might create a weaker mount, also there are things under that seat (electronic boxes), not sure what they do but they might also be a problem if you move the seat.

I've never seen extended rails for sale, I assume the only way to move the seat is to remove it and put new holes in the rails you have to use the existing mounting system (preferable) or put new holes in the floor of your car and bolt it there.

another option? address the sciatica: chiropractic or acupuncture, or see a doctor (pills or surgery)

I have problems the other way around - short legs and long back, and for me the Subies are great - no headroom problem. BMWs is a different story for me...

I hope that you are able to get some fix for that since at least I understand your problems.

I had this problem long ago on a 15 hour drive. The owner of the vehicle was my height but had long long legs, short torso. I'm the other way around. I had to move the driver seat 3 inches forward when it was my turn to drive.My feet wouldn't even reach the peddles. I was like wtf? :lol:

But most importantly, I consistently beat him in tennis. Watching his temper grow was hilarious.

Archived