LegacyGT.com

99 Legacy L issue

I’ve got some noob questions that hopefully you guys can answer.

The past couple days my wagon has been performing poorly, in lower RPMs like anything before 2400 the car has trouble accelerating and feels hesitant to accelerate. The car is fine after 2400 RPMs and runs as smooth as can be. I’ve replaced the fuel filter and am currently waiting on the MSD coil pack to come in so I can put my plugs and wires on along with that. Do you guys think it could be my MAF? And would you suggest either cleaning it or just buying a new one

Did this problem fade in or happen all at once?

One day it just started happening, it only happens every now and then. Sometimes worse than others, I changed the air when I got the car around two months ago.

Don't buy a new MAF, clean it with MAF cleaner. Let's start with the basics. You're about to change the coil, plugs, and wires. Change those, see if the issue goes away. Mine used to hesitate during cold damp mornings and it turned out to be the diaphragm on the EGR valve.

Don't buy a new MAF, clean it with MAF cleaner. Let's start with the basics. You're about to change the coil, plugs, and wires. Change those, see if the issue goes away. Mine used to hesitate during cold damp mornings and it turned out to be the diaphragm on the EGR valve.

Thanks for the advice, I’ll keep you guys updated once the coil pack comes in

Archived