LegacyGT.com

Service Manual Sixth Generation

Factory Service Manual 2018 3.6R?

I've used the search feature, looked for stickies, Google, looked around this model specific forum a good bit, etc. This has to have been asked a hundred times, apologies, but how do I get my hands on a service manual for a new 2018 Legacy 3.6R? Or at least this generation of Legacy sedans?

Best thing I ever did was find a link through the NASIOC boards where you paid $40 for 48 hours of download time of dealer service manuals for my 2001 EJ25 Outback (still driving it at 306K!). Dealer manuals are amazing! Chilton and Haynes are like cliff notes to the real deal (my only gripe is all those special tool numbers they provide but that cannot be bought from Subaru!).

I have a new ride on the way and although I hope to not need the dealer manual for some time, there's no time like the present to start sleuthing around for one.

Thank you in advance (and many other owners will too).

Factory Service Manual 2018 3.6R?

Available as a legal download from the Subaru Technical Information System (STIS) web site. Lots of other useful technical information available for download as well. At $35 for 3 days full access it's a real bargain.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Available as a legal download from the Subaru Technical Information System (STIS) web site. Lots of other useful technical information available for download as well. At $35 for 3 days full access it's a real bargain.

Unfortunately, the site does not yet have the service manual available for download. It has Corrections and a number of other things, but no way to get the original manual downloaded... :( . I'd post a screenshot if I knew how...

I figure at some point in the future they may have it though...

Tried a screenshot... now blue download arrow... dang.

Correction! Not sure what was required to get to it but as I left and reentered the site and somehow it was magically made available.

For others, don't give up if at first you don't succeed! Downloading now.

... now [sic] blue download arrow...

Slow down! If a file shows up in a listing, it is available ... but the arrow appears only if download is enabled for that file. Some file downloads are free (e.g. accessory installation guides), but others (e.g. FSMs) require a paid subscription to access them.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Archived