LegacyGT.com

Loss of boost on 05 lgt

A few weeks ago I was driving on the highway and as I took a ramp on to different road I dropped into fourth gear and as I accelerated the car started to make a strange noise. When I accelerated again, I heard a kind of pop noise and the car slowed down. The whole ride home I couldn't get the car to go above 0 psi. I took of the down pipe yesterday and to my surprise the turbine on the turbo looks fine and doesn't have very much play. Any ideas what the problem is?

Sounds like a boost leak. With a leak that big, you can probably find it visually. If not, plug the inlet and blow (compressor or mouth) into the BPV vacuum hose. If you still can't find it, smoke test.

Did you pull codes? Look @ fuel trims?

Check the T fitting that's between the manifold and the intercooler. There's a little plastic T that likes to come loose, it's just underneath the rearmost manifold runners, about centered from left/right. There's 3 vacuum lines, one from each side and one running forwards under the manifold.

Usually a couple of zip ties help hold it on, but company23 sells a brass/metal fitting with some barbs on it that hold it on there permanently.

I could suck start a snow blower.

I had the exact same symptoms at a track day. It was the T fitting.

Not saying it isn't worth checking the IC to TB hose but every time I had that pop off it threw a CEL and wouldn't idle correctly with the MAF plugged in.

I could suck start a snow blower.

Check the T fitting that's between the manifold and the intercooler. There's a little plastic T that likes to come loose, it's just underneath the rearmost manifold runners, about centered from left/right. There's 3 vacuum lines, one from each side and one running forwards under the manifold.

Usually a couple of zip ties help hold it on, but company23 sells a brass/metal fitting with some barbs on it that hold it on there permanently.

I got $5 that says this is it.

from what I can see, the T fitting is fine. I wasn't able to find any loose hoses at all. I read somewhere that a bad boost solenoid wont trigger a CEL and could cause a similar issue to what I am having. I'm going to replace the solenoid and double check the IC to TB hose and see of that helps.

I don't have a check engine light, and I don't a way of checking codes yet. I'll keep looking for a leak. Is it possible that there is a problem with the wastegate?

Very possible. The wastegate was my problem when i had no/inconsistent boost. It was stuck open.

Archived