LegacyGT.com

15-17 WRX BOV Compatibliy

Thanks for the reply....but neither of these links are for Blow off Valves

Oh ok cool....are they're any other good BOVs for the 5th gen legacy? Apart from GFB bovs?
Turbosmart makes their Kompact line as well as their Dual Port line that both fit our cars without modification. I believe our fitment is the same as Mazda, 34mm in and 34mm out hose fitting.

I was reading the sticky and came across this. Just as mentioned by Gteaser it looks like Turbosmart make some that fit. Ok, to make up for my wrong post earlier -

From ChrisCrash in the "what parts fit the 5th gen sticky":

The only aftermarket BPV that fits on our cars in the stock location is the Turbosmart Kompact 34mm unit here.

http://www.turbosmartusa.com/product...-universal-fit

If you have a Racer-X charge pipe, it relocates the BPV onto the charge pipe from the stock location and you can use any BPV that fits the 08+ WRX and 05-09 LGT.

Oh ok cool....are they're any other good BOVs for the 5th gen legacy? Apart from GFB bovs?

I'm running the Boomba WRX bpv. The hose adapter is really super simple and I wouldn't rule out good bpv with 15-17 wrx fitment

I'm running the Boomba WRX bpv. The hose adapter is really super simple and I wouldn't rule out good bpv with 15-17 wrx fitment

Is it Audible? What hose adapter should I be looking for any eBay links? And sound clips?

Its technically a short piece of silicone hose made for the correct nipple size for the wrx fitment. So if you buy a wrx bypass valve, (not blow off valve<---requires tuning unless you run it semi open and monitor your tune)...anyway if you go with the wrx one just go down to your local parts store and get a piece of hose small enough to fit over the bpv fitting and large enough to fit snug inside of the factory fitting.

If you just want noise, consider sourcing a racerx charge pipe it places the valve up on the engine where it would be easier to hear with a 50/50 valve.

I can't hear mine really from inside the car. Sound wasn't what I was after though when I replaced the factory one. If sound is what you're looking for, a 50/50 or adjustable bov is what you'd likely want. Relocation like FLlegacy mentioned definitely will help.

I have the Turbo smart dual port BPV and have it 50/50. Its really loud.

Did you have to retune after install? ...How does it run on the 50/50 setting....Can u state the model number?

Archived