LegacyGT.com

DRL problem

GearJamr

Unplug the DRL plug.. it's under the dash, above the clutch pedal.

The DRL is just running lower voltage through your Low Beam headlights. End result is that your Low Beam bulbs are ALWAYS on while driving your car. I'm sure you can understand why this would wear them out rather quick..

Just unplug the DRL module and it will extend your bulb life 10-fold.

That would be a good suggestion except they are legally required here.

I'm not really panicking yet. The first one was in the car already, probably just ran out of life. I changed both lights at the same time, and the driver side burned out almost immediately. I think I didn't have it seated properly so it probably died due to vibration. I put the old passenger side bulb in on the driver side and it has been good for a couple months. Probably just ran out of life too.

Put in a new one today, so hopefully it will last a while. If it doesn't, then it may be a bigger problem.

Make sure the glass is clean. Wipe with alcohol wipe if necessary.

Make sure they are mounted properly and securely.

Also, I'd re-wire the DRL to high beams or fog lights (if you have halogen fogs). Or, even install LED DRLs on your bumper. Always on low beams doesn't seem right.

OR OR HID projector retrofit with DRL (e.g. Porsche Panamera style shroud with the 4 LEDs making a square shape, or BMW style rings).

Do NOT touch the bulb with your bare fingers!!! This will definitely cause the bulb to burn out way faster. The oils from your fingers will heat up and cause the bulb to fail.

Archived