LegacyGT.com

Front Grill Mods

bolbo

Hope I posted this in the right section. Anyhoo, I notice the LGT grill is 'extremely' close to my '98 altima. In fact, it's amazing how similar these cars look from the front (silver paint) w/o the scoop and lower bumper. Question: What are the realistic options/costs for changing out the grill, or doing something with the silver cross bar? I'm not interested in racer-boy type stuff, just something a little sportier and less pedestrian, I suppose. I read on an outback forum (i think) that folks have been known in the past to switch out the legacy grill for the outback. Any thoughts on how something like this may look and does anyone have better ideas. What about painting the silver cross bar to match body paint? Etc etc. Thanks in advance.

i would look into taking the chrome cross-bar out, as well as the crome 'lip' that goes around the outside of the grille. that bare bones look appeals to me though. if it bugs you enough, there should be some after market pieces coming out in about 6 months, i'd guess.

Guest *Jedimaster*
You could always do mesh yourself, or maybe upgrade to the Outback grille- some people have mentioned doing that.

The mesh grill does look good and at first I thought I would get that when I buy the car but the stock grill is growing on me and I think I actually prefer it now. The money for the grill can go towards something else like window tint, sti spoiler (Subaru Australia please have this as an option) etc

Guest *Jedimaster*
I kind of like those headlight garnishes- I found 'em on a Japanese site, but they're like 160 bucks a pair, not painted!

Looking very very very nice John, also great to see some rain up at the RAT too.......... Here is a deal for anyone who has a USDM GT, I will swap the mesh grill for the 2.5 US-Spec GT engine?????? Any takers, ahh come on guys, its a great deal :)

Hey agctr, would you be able to find out for me as to how much the mesh grille would be for a pearl white car? Also the part number for it? I have some contacts down under I may just request them to buy one and ship it to me here in Toronto. However, they are the furthest people from car enthusiasts, so I would have to literally walk them through the entire purchase. Thanks a million in advance if you do help me out. Cheers.

gtmy04: Thanks for the link, it was very informative. I wish we could get the rear bumper apron here, I know I'll put scratches on my bumper while loading and unloading my golf clubs. As for the grille, I really doubt there would be a difference. While I was 3Ming my front, I took the grille off and it had no ties to the bumper at all. The grille takes about ten minutes to pop off. The are I believe two screws and four pinch tabs right accross the top and on the bottom there are a few clips. Easy as pie. Anyway 600 AUD plus shipping is a huge amount of cash for the grille and I think I'll pass for now.

[quote name='agctr']Have to agree with John as the USDM front bar is a little bigger in depth. Although, the grill shouldnt have changed at all really as it is only the front bar that has grown in size???? Anyone got dims on this ?[/quote] I'll let you guys know if the Euro model fits a USDM as soon as I get mine in. I had mine sit next to a Euro spec and the only diference I saw was the more pronounced bumper lip on the US model. It doesn't look like the grille is going to matter. 260 bucks for the mesh grille over here at the German dealership.

Archived