LegacyGT.com

High rpm slow acceleration

2011 legacy with cvt. Had trans replaced due to torque converter with low mileage used one. 17000 miles later acted like it was slipping had it replaced under warrenty and still acts the same. Checked and cleaned maf and for vacuum leaks nothing I can find. Car starts right up and runs fine until wot and it goes to high rpm and is soooooo slow. It has a hard time going up hills so I replaced spark plugs which did nothing. In addition no codes! Any ideas?

There is a thread in here somewhere with all the firmware update versions, maybe Perscitus will chime in and steer you to it. It may just be a software issue. Otherwise, I can only think of 2.5i jokes about being slow, lol.

Since you aren't getting any CEL warnings its hard to diagnose. Have you taken it back to the shop that changed the CVT? I would take the tech or service manager for a ride and convince them it isn't normal.

There is a thread in here somewhere with all the firmware update versions, maybe Perscitus will chime in and steer you to it. It may just be a software issue. Otherwise, I can only think of 2.5i jokes about being slow, lol.

Since you aren't getting any CEL warnings its hard to diagnose. Have you taken it back to the shop that changed the CVT? I would take the tech or service manager for a ride and convince them it isn't normal.

OP, here is some useful info....

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5223263&postcount=255

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5271442&postcount=349

Make the dealership tech apply the latest ECU and TCU reflashes and perform the full CVT relearn procedure.

Since yours is a 2011... you have a wide array of TCU data to get at and you can log to hopefully catch when the issue occurs.

I would recommend BtSsm with (from cheapest to most expensive) either a VAG Com Kline cable or OBDLink LX or BtSsm dongle or Tactrix OPv2 cable.

Then setup your ECU and TCU profiles and monitor, log away.

On the ECU side of the coin, Start with getting an LV snapshot from the ECU, monitoring fuel trims, IAM FKC, FLKC, see what happens when you experience slow acceleration at higher/high RPMs.

Then on the TCU side, monitor all the Valve body solenoid DCs, Impeler and Turbine RPMs, CVTF temp, see if and when the TC clutch locks up, see if the solenoid output is within spec... see your CVTF temp (avg, mode, etc).

Lots to learn

What specs? Sensor output ranges? If so, some of the vacation pics list them in the Subaru Select Monitor (SSM) section. But don't expect to find too much beyond the generic and basic Engine PID ranges. I don't believe too many, if any TCU PIDs are listed. For those you'd be on a quest of discovery for yourself and the community.

Archived