LegacyGT.com

Where is the Subaru GPS antenna?

snoman

GPS receivers normally pick 7 of the 27 available satellites for positioning. They receive signal through glass just fine. I have installed hundreds of GPS systems all with the antenna inside the car without a problem or complaint. Be aware that metalized window tint will effect the GPS signal.

Bill

Are our trunk lids aluminum or not? I was under the assumption that the trunk lid is made of aluminum (nonmagnetic), but maybe I was wrong and only the wagons had aluminum hatches?

Either way, it would be nice to find a nice stealthy antenna to mount on my white car instead of the ugly black antenna that comes with my navigation computer.

our trunk is not aluminum -- i had my XM satalite antenna stuck to my trunk for several months before moving it to my roof.

• 2 months later...
So what's the final word on the little button that sits in the far right hand portion of the dash?

Temperature, Photosensor, security device ???

It's a "solar sensor" for climate control and works in conjuction with "interior temorature sensor" which is located behind a small grill on the driver's side of the stereo system console.

ProTUNED by RaminiSports :icon_mrgr

Archived