LegacyGT.com

Tuners that can help with 5EAT?

VespaGTS

Hi guys,

I am need of a tune. I have a 2007 5EAT LGT Wagon. I know Xtreme Racing Tuning can help with the TCU function and smooth out the shifting/tune. Are there any other shops that can help in the same way or are they the only option?

You’re not allowed to mention that tuner on the forums OP, but his “TCU” tune is kind of a scam as he’s Not tuneing the TCU at all. He’s turning the ECU’s calculated and requested torque tables, and the original way he was going about it was pretty ghetto.

These tables ARE what you want to have changed though, because the problem with the 5EAT is when you modify the motor for more power the TCU dosen’t know that unless these tables are updated. This has only been publicly figure out in the last few years.

Any protuner that will do opensource tuneing can adjust those. They are NOT avalible under Cobb. You should request the tuner adjust them to roughly match the outpost torque of the motor in newton Meters. Max value varies from car to car, you have to figure it out experimentally.

I think he was pushing his services without paying vendor fees or something like that. Him and the other guy pushing TCU tunes had their entire post history wiped.

Yes any tuner doing opensource tunes can do it. They'll probably need to add the definitions though, there is a thread over on Romraider.com where they can get them. Unless the tuner has experience with doing this, they probably wont have a canned tune for it ready to go though.

I find your comments very interesting Sir and I will take a little bit out of my time for you and others for me to clarify and hopefully bring some value to this forum. Can you please share with me where I ever stated that I tune the 5EAT directly? It would have been not sensible for me to state that and any of my customers will never tell you I have told them so or even say I mislead or lie to them. I continue to stated that it is indirect tuning.

I would like for you to state what really affects the 5EAT operations and how many other EMS affects the TCU's in other cars using the CANBUS.

Now you state Ghetto and let highlight that.

1) As you stated, many Tuners dont even know how to tune Automatics and perfer to stay with Manuals. So nothing is done "correctly"

2) Some Tuners make some changes and not enough and on cars running more power than stock, ends up burning the clutches on turbocharged cars. The changes could have within reason, but was too little.

3) Then comes XRT. We provide "SCAM" tunes but highly recommended by customers. Whatever "CRAP" we are doing, the results, vids and feedback speaks differently and littered the Internet.

Myself and others have spent time looking for 5EAT performance and operations, but yet we produce and allow our customers to post vids and provide feedback.

On another note, I was band by TH and tuners followers who found it personally to do so than on facts when I defended my customers after they were attacked. It was never anything to do with posting advertising information. All that happened was our graphs, vids and reviews were popping up too often for the liken of others. As stated to my customers, if I see an attack towards them or a situation arise where I need to step in, I will. The lost is not mine, since all of my tuning arrives at our plate from results and occurs more so from other forums. My present on LGT was due to my love of the LGT more so than STI's, although I use to drive, race and tune them. I love the luxury.

In your last statement, you highlight to the customer to experiment to see what works. We have and hence why things are the way they are.

Thanks very much.

You’re not allowed to mention that tuner on the forums OP, but his “TCU” tune is kind of a scam as he’s Not tuneing the TCU at all. He’s turning the ECU’s calculated and requested torque tables, and the original way he was going about it was pretty ghetto.

These tables ARE what you want to have changed though, because the problem with the 5EAT is when you modify the motor for more power the TCU dosen’t know that unless these tables are updated. This has only been publicly figure out in the last few years.

Any protuner that will do opensource tuneing can adjust those. They are NOT avalible under Cobb. You should request the tuner adjust them to roughly match the outpost torque of the motor in newton Meters. Max value varies from car to car, you have to figure it out experimentally.

Archived