LegacyGT.com

Humble Rumble's 2012 Legacy 3.6R Build Thread

Ok what am I missing what is the gialla????

The Gialla Sportivo Rear Half Lip that I've had sitting unpainted in my back room for a while, searching for a good paint guy. Will look like the second picture once mounted up.

And before you ask, it is not available domestically and can only be sourced from Japan, and be prepared to plunk down about $1000 just to get one here, unpainted. I scored a heck of a deal on the part but still ate it on freight.

N5pFlyc.jpg

zesG1ZN.jpg

Because I'm combing them. I'm using the side skirts and rear corner pieces from the DAMD set. My plan is to mount the rear corners of the DAMD kit underneath the Gialla lip, but I figure I might as well run them as is until I get the lip painted.

My plan is to run both of them, set up just like carpenterltd has done his, with the difference that mine will be body colored instead of black.

VOK7krH.jpg

Edited by Humble Rumble

• 2 weeks later...
Rear bumper extensions installed. Really happy with how they look. Also changed the trans fluid, lubricated the brake hardware and add CRC Disc Brake Quiet to the pads, and repaired my left rest sway bar bushing mount over the weekend. Ran out of time to do the side skirts, will do them soon.

K3trPRq.thumb.jpg.c05dad2f1b61dbd92dda606a6213af22.jpg

xBO8MQB.thumb.jpg.7abb7543cb14518cba0f59eeca852c10.jpg

okb85Vl.thumb.jpg.0f8aa8db15ca66b5dad3a57149e01748.jpg

yo7r1t3.thumb.jpg.a775e9f1b24fb9ecdb2e380878830906.jpg

3C7SpQN.thumb.jpg.b5c05a84e5b8113337512a58399779cc.jpg

nk3fhk0.thumb.jpg.11546cbc93ded0a4e1981034d17463a0.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Got the side skirt extensions installed. Very happy with how they look, install was pretty easy and the color match looks great. These actually were easier to install than the rear corners believe it or not. Just about finished with the body/cosmetic mods now, or at least satisfied for a while. The Gialla lip and the Blitzen spoiler still need paint, and I might want to figure out something different with the front end at some point. Either way, car is looking pretty proper. :)

Also got the diff cross member inserts finished, but and failed on the rear diff inserts and the 5EAT trans insert. The cross member inserts were easy, but we'll need different wrenches than what we had on hand, and we couldn't do the trans bushing because my dumbass forgot the most important tool: a 2x4 to support the trans. :rolleyes: Also a nice shot of my nasty exhaust that I'm gonna get fully replaced whenever I get around to Raptors lmao. <3 rust belt.

GDTjGhg.thumb.jpg.a8534ed30f7bc4763eb07b25123a383e.jpg

8HiIdhd.thumb.jpg.873fceac986465439631f251bcda3fe5.jpg

kaH5mrb.thumb.jpg.7a17e5bdced0caad94611c4c173bd367.jpg

gpX9zjd.thumb.jpg.ce03b4931a36728dc39302d5a4b20736.jpg

Had my very first autocross event this past Sunday at SubieFest Midwest. I had an absolute *blast* doing it, most fun I've had in years. The car performed spectacularly, felt well in control of it at all times, never felt like I was over-driving the car or my limits. On my best run, I had the front Konis at 1/2 turn from full hard, and the rears 1/4 turn from full hard.

I took 1st place in the NA Class, for which I got this sweet welded trophy made by GrimmSpeed, as well as a $100 GrimmSpeed gift card, pretty nice. I won the class by nearly 6 seconds over 2nd place (a Crosstrek lol), and when I compared my best time against the Turbo Stock class, I would've landed pretty much right dead in the middle at 10th of 18 drivers, which means I beat a good handful of WRXs and STIs. Not bad for an NA! Though I think in fairness sake, I'll enter Turbo Stock class next year to challenge myself, doubly so if I have Raptors and full exhaust sorted by then (I hope I do!).

I got a full in-car and spectator video of my fastest run as well. I like this video setup, had my GoPro on a dash mount and my buddy trackside filming on his phone. I'm going to try and do this setup for all my future track/autocross events.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEdYClXKogU]SubieFest Midwest 2018 - NA Class 1st Place [Autocross] - YouTube[/ame]

QDixPJZ.thumb.jpg.04576c2a77be779ecee744813f61834a.jpg

6Pw22Ve.thumb.jpg.763acc71b07274a809483b3de8e36425.jpg

iyrDIo3.thumb.jpg.b42996b0f0c86f2c247c48b9f0702e79.jpg

T9jGbSr.thumb.jpg.e97b133f7bc70cccfaf5988067cc16e9.jpg

eDzhuPK.thumb.jpg.48cb758ab3a7aed2d45333f692ee838b.jpg

koWFmde.thumb.jpg.c8f24a5ca2a0f123d68d6b1d275e1dc0.jpg

1c5SXEL.thumb.jpg.e37ec218f8c1e3a5a147a46cc1cbe858.jpg

l5I58qK.thumb.jpg.af96fc4fced137793dce9eb4faf4b81b.jpg

2gSZMsb.thumb.jpg.f8fb90a6fbb83bc910fdd81e74daf4f9.jpg

nrHbzfQ.thumb.jpg.f5e249c31b0d0b12622755c037a0e98d.jpg

h0VyTH5.thumb.jpg.e31d8be3a36d99e7fe1e01440b20ff2e.jpg

Edited by Humble Rumble

• 2 weeks later...

Couple new updates to make. Both my low beam halogens burnt out within two days of each other, so I finally sprung for the VLEDs Micro in 6k for my low beams, and MAN am I glad I did. Installation was a cinch, fully drop-in, fits easily with the dust cap, only needed to adjust the H7 collar one click to the side to align it perfectly in the projector, and MAN the throw and brightness on these are incredibly impressive. Color is also a perfect match with my city lights (which are also VLEDs 6k). I still need to get some proper night time comparison shots and throw measurements (the sunset shots don't really show it all too well), but the throw is seriously impressive on these, far exceeded my expectations and needs. I can finally actually SEE at night time and tell when my headlights are on lmfao. I'm not saying they are better or worse than HIDs, but for the ease of installation and performance they offer, I'm fully sold on them.

Xvlro0r.jpg

2fRb92G.jpg

z7mD6ql.jpg

Also, participated in a local dyno day at this past weekend. Very happy with how my car did! It's a shame they couldn't hook up the stuff needed to get torque parameters (it would've made the process much longer for each car to go, and there were a lot of people there), but I came out with 228.49 whp, which is right around where Ed from XRT said I was at (he had said 230). This works out to roughly 285-290ish crank horsepower! Very, very happy with the result, especially for only having the Nameless 5" Axleback, AEM DryFlow Filter, and HKS Intake Funnel, and the XRT tune itself. XRT can really squeeze so much out of your car, if there's anyone that has doubts about it at all, let this put your doubts to rest. This is a great baseline to have for when I finally go raptors and full exhaust over the next year. :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAGQ5G-cYNk]2012 Legacy 3.6R Dyno Run (XRT Tune) - YouTube[/ame]

7i5YNrv.jpg

You didn't show how they basically lit up the night when you installed them dude. Also this is what happens when I don't post for a year. you have 2300+ posts, and you joined AFTER me..lol

Because that was in a facebook direct video to only you lol. I didn't save that video.

Edit: actually wait! I forgot I took a quick video in the same spot last night. I'll post that in the next post.

Here:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zb9E72u3TZ4]VLEDs Micro H7 bulb 6k throw test - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by Humble Rumble

Because that was in a facebook direct video to only you lol. I didn't save that video.

Edit: actually wait! I forgot I took a quick video in the same spot last night. I'll post that in the next post.

Here:

Like turning night into day

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

...so I finally sprung for the VLEDs Micro in 6k for my low beams, and MAN am I glad I did. Installation was a cinch, fully drop-in, fits easily with the dust cap, only needed to adjust the H7 collar one click to the side to align it perfectly in the projector, and MAN the throw and brightness on these are incredibly impressive. Color is also a perfect match with my city lights (which are also VLEDs 6k). I still need to get some proper night time comparison shots and throw measurements (the sunset shots don't really show it all too well), but the throw is seriously impressive on these, far exceeded my expectations and needs.

Xvlro0r.jpg

2fRb92G.jpg

z7mD6ql.jpg

...sounds good, especially that they fit under the stock dust covers. Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to grab a pair of these. Also, what are you running in the foglight position?

...sounds good, especially that they fit under the stock dust covers. Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to grab a pair of these. Also, what are you running in the foglight position?

I've got everything listed out in the first post lol. Foglights are 2015-17 Ford Mustang Sealed LED fogs with two different yellow overlays to get the color i want.

I've got everything listed out in the first post lol. Foglights are 2015-17 Ford Mustang Sealed LED fogs with two different yellow overlays to get the color i want.

...ah, reading is fundamental :lol: Did the two overlays really affect your light output?

Edited by Syndicate