LegacyGT.com

P0011 after Engine rebuild...What next?

Hey guys,

Just finished rebuilding my EJ255 on my 05 LGT. Cause for rebuild was a misfire that was traced to a couple broken valve guides and bent valves. Additionally my turbo was damaged and heads were leaking a bit. I had to replace the #1 piston where the broken valve guides/bent valve were, replaced all four sets of rings while I was at it.

All banjo bolt filters are removed.

I drove about 20 miles and got the dreaded P0011 code. So today I swapped the OCVs and changed the oil to see if the problem would move. I also played with the mechanism a bit to make sure the spring was ok..they seemed fine I put another 10 miles on it today and the same code came back...same side. I'm not seeing any low oil pressure lights or anything.

What would you do next?

Check wiring to the OCV? (not sure I know how) The connector fits fine but doesn't "click" on as solid as the other side.

Remove and clean/replace the camshaft sprocket?

Take it to a shop?

You bet. It had been damaged from foreign object debris (now I believe that it was eating through my valve guides that broke off, and messed up the #1 piston). The blades were damaged and the turbine shaft was scored and had play. Pavel at Pavel's Racing Engines did the rebuild.

Oil cooler was not replaced but was pretty thoroughly washed out with brake cleaner. All the oil lines were also blasted out with brake cleaner except for the longest line which goes from the front of the head on the passenger side to the back of the head. That one I replaced at Pavel's recommendation.

I've never had an issue with metal in the system or even clogging my banjo bolt filters (when it had them). I checked the oil pretty well before and after the rebuild and it looked clean.

Archived