LegacyGT.com

Are there other ways to map ECU to COBB map without AP?

I think it's great that COBB provides maps for various configurations. I'd like to support them by purchasing an Accessport but was wondering if there were alternatives to map the ECU with a COBB map without the AP?

Let me make sure I understand this correctly, you want to support them, but yet your asking if there is a way to steal their intellectual property and use it without their device? :lol:

You can always go the open source route and find a tuner that will probably build you a better fine tuned map then the base map that you get with the AP.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

I mean, if you buy an AP and take the $150 course to get the new version of AccessTuner, you can look at the maps and manually copy the tables over into an OpenSource tune... but at that point you might as well just flash with the AP you bought :lol:

I mean, if you buy an AP and take the $150 course to get the new version of AccessTuner, you can look at the maps and manually copy the tables over into an OpenSource tune... but at that point you might as well just flash with the AP you bought :lol:

Why would you need to manually copy it? Couldn’t you just use the access port to flash the ECU then read what was flashed to it with a tactrix cable and open ECU?

I’ve never tried it, but don’t see why that wouldn’t work...

Cobb locks the ECU to prevent you from doing that. You also cannot use that AP on any other car until you "unmarry" it.

Once again your going into theft territory. Just use Tactrix/Open Source from the get go and you don't have to worry about any of that.

22 Ascent STOCK

Cobb locks the ECU to prevent you from doing that. You also cannot use that AP on any other car until you "unmarry" it.

Once again your going into theft territory. Just use Tactrix/Open Source from the get go and you don't have to worry about any of that.

I couldn’t care less about the ethics lesson, but it is worth bringing it up for those that might actually try to do something like this however. Especially since that is what the OP is really looking to do.

Thanks for letting me know that Cobb locks the ECU so you can’t read it when it is flashed with their software. One more reason not to buy their stuff in my opinion....

I’ll stick to tuning myself.

Actually you should care, because this forum, like most legal forums, don't allow for unethical or illegal actions like that. I don't approve of Cobb's tuning business model, so I take my money elsewhere, you should do the same, instead of asking on how to illegally acquire their IP data.

Lets be frank, even if it was possible, not like you would want to anyway. They are just base tunes, any fine tune will outperform a base tune.

22 Ascent STOCK

Actually you should care, because this forums like most legal forums, don't allow for unethical or illegal actions like that. I don't approve of Cobb's tuning business model, so I take my money elsewhere, you should do the same, instead of asking on how to illegally acquire their IP data.

Lets be frank, even if it was possible, not like you would want to anyway. They are just base tunes, any fine tune will outperform a base tune.

Expanding on this, forums generally forbid this stuff to avoid getting shut down, not because they're a bunch of ethical police. I quite like these forums ;)

Archived