LegacyGT.com

Help me pick some tires.

IcEWoLF

I plan on going with Pilot Super Sports whenever my current tires go as everyone I've talked to swears by them

I wanted to go with the Super Sports since I'm in Texas and rarely ever see snow but according to Michelin you aren't supposed to drive on them below 45 degrees. While I don't get snow it does get cold and I didn't want to have to deal with swapping tires so I went with the all-season.

Michelin Premier A/S. Michelin's newest and highest rated tires. Just put a set on my daughter's 2015 Ford Fusion SE and my Wife's Subaru Forester XT.

I was looking at the premier one, but I heard the pilot is still better.

I’ll do some more research comparing the two.

Can we give other options?

Dunlop Signature HP

I bought the HP's on a whim a few years ago and could not be happier. I was a huge Yokohama fan prior to putting these tires on, so you can imagine my somewhat pessimistic view, especially since there were no reviews. I just looked at the ratings and I'd say they are on par. They are very quiet, grip well and handle very well in the snow. They were not my first choice but I paid 400 for 4 tires. I feel like wet traction could be better but it's only a problem if I'm doing 50 on tight corners. I believe I have around 30k on them and they still have 80% and wearing even ( I did an alignment at the time and got specs dead on all around)

Michelins are great tires but they are over-priced. Biggest issue with them is the tread lasts longer than the rubber. They always crack on the sidewall and inside the tread. I love how smooth they are due to softer rubber but I wouldn't pay more for an inferior tire.

My local Les Schwab says the Toyo tires come with 80k warranty and they are way better, they feel very well done, I know toyo is a well known brand outside of the US, they have the Z900 which is a good all season tires, and also they said the Proxes 4 by toyo are solid too.

I want good tires that are good all season, we don’t get too much snow here, we get dry cold weather for the most part of the year.

In my experience, high mileage rating is a sign of a hard compound which ultimately sacrifices traction for longevity. If you really want a good balance of performance and longevity out of an all season, get something with medium treadwear rating that has higher silica content.

Archived