LegacyGT.com

Any news about the 2019 Legacy?

Pilot1226

And that's where the issues come in bc of subarus timeline. Its nothing but a shit show. I see it everyday lol. Exactly why they are having issues with the turbos on the new 2.4. Not saying itll have the ringland failures but it doesn't mean it wont happen when people try to put power into it. Theres a good number of people obviously who mod their legacy. Just saying theres better choices subaru could be making.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Being that the 2.4's have been on the market like a month or two, and this is the first I've heard of the turbo issue, do you care to link an article documenting this? My google search turned up nothing.

Being that the 2.4's have been on the market like a month or two, and this is the first I've heard of the turbo issue, do you care to link an article documenting this? My google search turned up nothing.

Less than a month, May had zero Ascent sales.

Thanks dgoodhue! That adds to my suspicion that some of us are just making shit up about issues we perceive might, could, maybe exist because change is scary! :lol:

Thank you for the clarification. That helps me understand what you're saying, but I still don't think your statement is accurate. You say because of Subaru's time-line is why they're having issues. I would say that's not the case at all. The 2.4T is a new motor for them. As such, they're probably using a new turbo from a vendor whose production has gone from onesie-twosie for testing to full scale production. Whether it was the Ascent, the STI, or a new motor option for 2018 Legacy, you could have run into the same issues, whether it was a brand new model such as the Ascent, or an iteration of an existing platform.

That doesn't make the issue emblematic of a manufacturer's whole development strategy. In fact, with regard to the SGP, it's about the opposite.

Every manufacturer is like that, I work for Coca-cola and when we are making a large change it is non-stop rushing to get it out the door to the supply line. But " quality comes first..." only when R&D finds a flub out on a shelf, then "we need to slow down to do it right"...so yeah you would be hard pressed to a manufacturer who doesn't have this type of mindset, mainly because production is what pays the bills.

^you're right. Anything that is mass produced will have issues, kind of the nature of the beast I think, Subaru and Toyota are far superior in minimizing issues in comparison to most auto manufacturers though.

http://media.subaru.com/pressrelease/1318/1/subaru-announces-pricing-2019-legacy-outback-models

"New for 2019, all Legacy and Outback models come standard with Subaru EyeSight Driver Assist Technology, which had previously been an option on most models. EyeSight includes Adaptive Cruise Control, Pre-Collision Braking and Throttle Management, Lane Departure Warning and Lane Keep Assist.

The Legacy 2.5i Sport model, in addition to EyeSight, makes the Blind Spot Detection with Lane Change Assist and Rear Cross Traffic Alert system standard for 2019.

The 2019 Legacy and Outback also feature interior enhancements for 2019. The 2.5i base models gain an overhead console shower light and dual front center console USB ports. A high-grade instrument panel combination meter with 5.0-inch LCD display is now standard for all models. Legacy and Outback 2.5i Premium, 2.5i Limited and 3.6R Limited models have a standard auto-dimming rearview compass mirror with Homelink® featuring a thin-frame design."

As expected no surprises. 3.6R continues on. A couple minor packaging changes and standard eyesight. I would guess the new models will be available in the fall which is a change from summer model year change that Subaru has traditionally done.

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/07/16/2020-subaru-legacy-spy-shots/ Here we have the 2020 Legacy wearing even less camo. I’m liking it so far, also notice how the rear bumper has no exhaust outlets. Makes me wonder if we are looking at a hybrid variant. I’m guessing we will see it debut in February at the Chicago Auto Show.

Yes, according to Torque News the 2019 Legacy will have a standard EyeSight. in fact it's coming to all new models.

"Subaru announced the 2019 Outback wagon and 2019 Legacy sedan will now come standard with EyeSight on all models. It will benefit consumers by offering these two popular models with the highest IIHS safety ratings."

Archived