LegacyGT.com

Boost Targets Value Incorrect in Log (No problem making boost)

jayrex

For some reason my boost targets are incorrect on my logs, which is making Turbo Dynamics not activate correctly.

I'm making plenty of boost from WGDC low, this is not the typical 'I can't hit my target boost thread'

In the log I should have a boost target of around 18psi, but it oddly caps itself at 10psi. In similar situations it will always lock down on 8-10 psi like it hits a 'cap' of some sort because the boost target values are completely identical. I have checked all the boost limiters and compensation tables and they are all pretty much zero'd out.

You can see my trans is slipping in the log, but I don't really see how that is related.

What am I missing here?

226979150_BoostTargetLow.thumb.png.eb5243dbfdc2889db934b7a96551b4b7.png

So partially solved. Turned out to be the Boost Targets by Coolant Temp Table. I had it set to -4psi Target when the coolant was below 32 deg F.

That still doesn't explain why it wasn't working properly. Boost Targets were wrong even when fully warmed up. On top of that, they were not simply -4 from current Boost Target, but locking into a 'max value' at certain rpms and throttle ranges. Very weird, so I'll just refrain from trying to make use of that table. :p

Thanks for the comments.

EDIT: Just noticed its % reduction, not simply an absolute value psi. Still confusing results though.

127479339_BoostTargetsCoolant.png.edfe9dbb95dc7d55f332a8e018343681.png

What do the rest of your boost target compensation tables look like?

Everything is completely zero, except for the Boost Targets Compensation (Barometric) Multiplier. set to stock .0521 in 1k thru 4k rpm.

Archived