LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 2nd Generation Subaru today? - V3

I feel like you can probably still buy a lot of those tabs at the dealership, or if they stopped making one, someone at the parts desk might be able to give you something comparable.

I really like your idea of insulating the headliner. It's so cold where I live, I bet it would make a big difference.

Right now I'm in the waiting room of the tint shop. So sick of people poking their noses around my car. Should also help make up for the loss of the A/C system in the warmer months of the year.

Who am I kidding? It rarely gets above 80F here :lol:

The stuff is "Frost King" It's a 1/8 inch closed cell foam with a heavy aluminum foil on one face.

I put a layer between all the roof frames, and then did another layer front to back over everything.

I haven't run wires or figured out the sockets yet so it's still all pulled apart.

The tabs that broke are the tabs that are part of the trim pieces on the back sides.

Got the 12v sockets mounted in the headliner. Still have to glue the fabric on. Ran the front to rear wiring conduit. Made the wiring harness for the 12v sockets. Cleaned up up all the loose trim bits in the car so I can drive it again without losing things.

Spent a deal of time today helping friends with a new to them 99 Outback wagon EJ25D. We did the full timing set and water pump, hoses and belts. Complete fluid swap is next. It runs a deal better even with just the timing work as we found that everything was not correctly lined up when we were taking it apart.

Finally installed my new door panels.

picture.php?albumid=2721&pictureid=12415

Nice having doors that aren't all clawed up, and the wood bezels are nice.

But oh nO the grays don't match perfectly! D:

lol the new panels are definitely darker than the originals, but now they match more closely to my new seats.

The one thing is that I didn't realize the new rear door panels aren't cut for speakers, so I'm gonna have to do that myself. I don't get why someone would spring for the leather interior, wood bezels, AND the extra speakers behind the mirrors, but not get rear speakers. smh. Whatever they're mine now. Really starting to come together inside.

picture.php?albumid=2721&pictureid=12416

More trim bits reinstalled. Sucks waiting for the local dealer to get clips in. Found the bits that hold the lugage privacy shade in the local yard and successfully got them out. Time to search around for a way to reman these since these always break and Subaru says they don't have any more.

More trim bits reinstalled. Sucks waiting for the local dealer to get clips in. Found the bits that hold the lugage privacy shade in the local yard and successfully got them out. Time to search around for a way to reman these since these always break and Subaru says they don't have any more.

We added an SVX to the "fleet" last August. I share your pain, waiting for parts or having the dealer tell me parts are no longer available. While the SVX is a '92, I started checking up on my local dealer's all to frequent NLA (No Longer Available) answers. As a result, I often use an online Subaru dealer in Washington state. With the exception of the parts that are truly discontinued by Subaru, their price & delivery time has been great...

As far as the luggage shade hook, one of ours broke too. I cut off the back & used a generic, square, snap-in screw anchor with the old hook. Works ok, but could be tighter. I don't think there is a parts listing for the hook. :( We need to find someone to 3D print the parts...

I am always on the lookout for a fully-loaded 96-97 SVX LSi with low miles. Would pay a premium for it. Almost had one with 16k on it, but was outbid by an overseas bidder at the last second. :(
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

http://www.spaceagepaint.com/index.html

this is the place i go for fasteners and hardware for interior, so far they have had some pretty obscure stuff available, and many books of catalog stuff they can order. not sure if they do online, but mesa isnt too far from ya up in the prescott

I know a guy. I now have a whole example. I'll see what he thinks about printing them. Personally, I want to come up with a billet aluminum version.

Meantime, I've bookmarked that dealer. Thanks!

That's an idea too... they aren't that difficult a shape, so if you had the right tools you could create it in a CAD program & generate a CNC program. Not sure which would be more cost effective.

Nah, I bought all of the stuff from Chazz Layne. His wife wrecked their beater Forester X so he bought a FXT shell and is swapping everything over and converting it to NA because his drivetrain has only 40k miles on it. The guy he bought the shell from sold it cheap with almost everything for an STI swap. I didn't get the STI short block because I already had one, but a lot of the stuff was a hodge podge and he didn't feel like storing it. Got some Z20 heads and cams, B25 heads and cams, EJ20X intake, EJ257 Intake, STI intercooler, WRX intercooler, LGT intercooler, VF40 turbo, catless STI downpipe, WRX uppipe, full AEM digital gauge kit, 740cc STI injectors, 340LPH fuel pump, and a few miscellaneous odds and ends. When he swaps the harness over, I'll be getting the bulkhead and engine harness and ECU from the FXT. Paid $300 for everything. Edited by Setnev

We added an SVX to the "fleet" last August. I share your pain, waiting for parts or having the dealer tell me parts are no longer available. While the SVX is a '92, I started checking up on my local dealer's all to frequent NLA (No Longer Available) answers.

I feel your pain. I have been looking for a master gasket kit for my SVX EG33 for the last two years. I will have the time this summer to pull the motor and reseal it like I want to but can't for the life of me find those gaskets. The next thing is to rebuild parts of the front suspension and sort out the small electrical gremlins I'm experiencing.

I feel your pain. I have been looking for a master gasket kit for my SVX EG33 for the last two years. I will have the time this summer to pull the motor and reseal it like I want to but can't for the life of me find those gaskets. The next thing is to rebuild parts of the front suspension and sort out the small electrical gremlins I'm experiencing.

Did you try this? Overhaul Gasket Set - Subaru (10105AA060)

says it's still available...