LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 2nd Generation Subaru today? - V3

Continuing our server optimization.

Previous "What did you do to your 2nd Generation Subaru today - V2 is found in the Archive

Edited by SBT
Unlocked thread
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• 2 weeks later...

Lately when I park the car after getting up to temp it sometimes makes a two inch coolant wet spot. I haven't been able to find where it is coming from until last night. I had to lay under there until it finally decided to drip. Looks like it's coming from the water pump shaft seal.

Well, I was already going to get under there soonish to check out the oil pump. At least this car nearly never gives me trouble. The Plymouth OTOH...

There is a Forrester in u-pickit. Engine is gone, but the trans is still there. I didn't notice if it was auto or manual. I don't know what year either. I didn't think of it at the time, but just now when I saw your post.

There was some kind of Subaru for sale at Hastings a while back. Not sure if it's still there, or what it was. I have a co-worker who points out all the Subies available in AZ to me, so if I come up with something...

There is a Forrester in u-pickit. Engine is gone, but the trans is still there. I didn't notice if it was auto or manual. I don't know what year either. I didn't think of it at the time, but just now when I saw your post.

There was some kind of Subaru for sale at Hastings a while back. Not sure if it's still there, or what it was. I have a co-worker who points out all the Subies available in AZ to me, so if I come up with something...

I saw the Forester. It was an auto. I ganked the seat heater switches out of it for spares. The Subie at Hastings was a maroon one and he wants $2800 for it. It has only 106,000 miles, so he'll get it too. Keep me posted.

took one of the outbacks through emissions over the weekend. figured out that when you clear the codes in the 96 ECU there is no "NOT READY" code set. i have a bad wire somewhere in the harness for the rear O2 sensor, replacing the sensor didnt fix the P0136 code. i cleared the code, drove to emissions and it passed with no issues within 5 miles of driving.

took one of the outbacks through emissions over the weekend. figured out that when you clear the codes in the 96 ECU there is no "NOT READY" code set. i have a bad wire somewhere in the harness for the rear O2 sensor, replacing the sensor didnt fix the P0136 code. i cleared the code, drove to emissions and it passed with no issues within 5 miles of driving.

That is awesome! I wonder if 95 is like that too, not that I have to worry about emissions testing here in Prescott

• 2 weeks later...
Sold my Legacy last night, after the trans blew up I just couldn't bear to fix it one more time. Was able to sell it as-is to a kid who needed to replace the motor in his 07 Impreza that had rod knock. Should be just about a direct drop in since I put the Phase II SOHC heads on it. With that, I doubt I'll ever buy a Subaru again, so won't be around here anymore. Good luck everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

http://i63.tinypic.com/2w30z03.jpg

smokey is going under the knife, his engine will be transplanted into the new outback sport for now. got the engine almost ready to pull, probably going to switch them out this weekend if everything works out right.

Edited by twisty

Ok so i have this really wierd issue, it might be the light module just not sure.

So when i have low beams on the park lights are not there, not even when just in park. They ONLY come on when high beams are turned on, so i got parks with high beams but that is the only time they do... So might be the module or any other tips?

• 2 weeks later...
Looked at mine parked in the back yard slowly bleeding to death. Shouldn't be long now until I get time to get her back to 10.0.

I know how you feel. It's been a month since I've daily driven my car. It is in desperate need of new tires and has developed a nasty oil leak. It leaked out about 2 quarts of oil onto my driveway in the last 3 weeks. It's not coming from the usual places, like valve cover and oil pan. It appears to be coming from between the engine and transmission.

On the other hand, the strange noises inside my transmission on the Forester have completely disappeared so I have been driving that for the last month.

Is that the oil separator plate? I found out and replaced mine with a metal cover before it cracked and spewed.

I did get a lot of something out of that area just before I swapped trans because of a bad input shaft bearing. I think it was the trans that leaked, but I did the rear main while I was in there.

^If that much between the trans and the block, it's likely the oil separator cover (vapor plate), rear main, or a combination of both. These covers were a plastic/resin in stock form and need to be replaced with the upgraded metal one.

P/N info is found here

http://static.opposedforces.com/epc_img/366494900440.png

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -