LegacyGT.com

New England International Auto Show

Lived around here for a while but went to see the show for the first time. Did not expect anything mind-blowing but overall it's rather sad and boring event. Basically a big showroom with mobile appliances, average/bad looking gals, with few interesting cars thrown in. Yaaaaawn. You can sit in most cars, except Porsches, Alfas and exotics. Probably for a good reason - you could see dudes walking around chewing on some shit pizza with grease all over their hands. Seriously? Like if it was so hard to have a separate dining area and make food/drinks off-limits on the show floor (not that ppl would necessarily wash their hands...).

What struck me: no BRZ/86. Neither Subaru or Toyota bothered to bring one. WTF? Except BRZ Subaru doesn't have a single car that would remotely interest me, and that show solidified that feeling. Current STI - what a giant meh not just outside but inside (well, it always has been).

It was somewhat interesting to observe the demographics looking at Subarus: bros salivating over the STI and soccer moms/dads admiring Forester or Crosstek. The Camry, oops, Legacy seemed largely ignored.

The highlight for me was the new JL Wrangler. Looks great and interior is really nice now. Also ND Miata is nice - never sat in one before. Love that manual roof. Passenger legroom however sucks. But that's a driver's car after all.... And of course C7 Z06. I stupidly love this car.

• 4 weeks later...
Which one are you talking about? I went to North East Auto show in Providence last week to check Ascent. It was small scale but fine overall. Alphas were all open and my boys sat in both Julias. Their SUV was meh though.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Archived