LegacyGT.com

EJ208 swap ECU question

Also posted this in a different category, sorry if this is the wrong place

Hello! first time posting, long time lurker. I will be soon be swapping a JDM EJ208 (TT) motor into my 2000 outback LTD 5MT. I am not sure what rev engine i will find but hopefully I can get my hands on a rev-D. I would like to stay away from aftermarket engine management at least at the beginning as it seems that the JDM EJ208 ECU has no problem handling the single turbo conversion that I plan on doing.

When i purchase my engine I expect to be buying the JDM ECU and engine harness that comes with it.

My question is will I be able to directly swap the JDM legacy turbo ECU into my USDM outback? Will my lights, gauges and other USDM accessories still function correctly? basically can i plug my USDM body harness into the new ECU?

Ive read that at least the rev-D version of the ECU is decently tune-able so I'm not worried about that.

The reason id like to stick with the JDM ECU is that id rather not have to change the timing components and intake like I did when i swapped an N/A JDM EJ20 into my car.

Ive searched extensively for the answer to this question, sorry if it has been answered before. Thanks!

Archived