LegacyGT.com

Boost/Vaccum Leak

My 07 Spec B is at 90k miles, stock with only a pair of prodrive can mufflers. I got the AP to check my car's condition. I am noob to turbo EJ25 engine (althought I had a EJ25 NA SOHC impreza for 13 years with no issue) and still learning all the functions of BPV, BCS, restrictor pills etc. The turbo was replaced at 70k mi and I am positive that I don't have turbo/ AVCS oil line filters. I see the peak boost is only at 9 psi and not getting the 12-13 psi what most people said. I am thinking about check BOV, BCS, all vaccum hose, performing boost leak test etc. The car idle smooth, quiet, no weird noise. No CEL. The turbo inlet was pretty much clean with no obvious oil residue near turbo. But if I remember correctly, there was a very light film of oil residue came from a larger breather hose (i believe) that came from the driver side of intake manifold area. The bolts on the IC are torqued to spec.

Do you guys see anything wrong with the current log data?

The map is cobb Stage 0 map which they claimed it is the stock map. I installed it because I can't find a way to log data without flashing a map.

I really appreciate for any inputs!

datalog6.csv

That boost is indeed low, and there was that timing pull, sounds like knock at peak boost.

Something's up.

Useful information: fuel learning in A-D ranges, load vs RPM ignition timing grid, in other words the standard learned values. I know the fuel learning is easily available with the AP, not sure about the grid. BtSsm is great for that, or FreeSSM.

Starting diagnostic steps: smoke test

General solution: get a tune.

I think I might have found my problem. I am missing the restrictor pill in the hose. I got the part from dealer today and plan on installing it tonight. Hopefully I will get the full boost back. Will report back soon.

Restrictor Pill in the hose and installed everything back. Instant 10+ psi boost. Looking at the AP, the peak boost is hanging around 13 psi with 0.x +/-. The spike boost recorded is 14.7 psi, close to sea level and 50 degree F. DAM solid 1. No knock.

I assume I am back to normal?

Archived