LegacyGT.com

Running Rich: E85 -> Pump -> E85

need bb

I recently fueled up with some pump gas to clean the lines from running E85 for half the year. After running through my tank of pump gas I moved back to E85. Since moving back I have noticed that my fuel trims have been around between -15% to -10%. It has stayed this way even after a second tank of E85.

I don't think there is anything wrong mechanically as my fuel trims were spot on while running the pump gas tank. My turbo did spool slightly slower in my log and I did see that my engine load at peak torque has increased from 3.7 and now maxing out at 4.0.

What would cause the engine load to increase?

Car is tuned for only E85. I don't have an ethanol meter since everyone locally claim the E85 station has consistent ethanol content year round. At first I was thinking that maybe I got a tank of E70, but this would increase for the increase in engine load.

I am thinking there is a pre-turbo boost leak causing the car to run rich. Thoughts?

Ethanol test kit is <$20 You may want to order one and test your ethanol content from time to time.

My ethanol content has stayed around E70 since the cold weather arrived and was above E85 before.

E80 is the most I've seen in my gas station of choice.

Which is all the more reason to test frequently. I can't wait for it to go back up. I haven't even been able to make a pull on the E85 map.

Been stuck on E70 ever since she got out of the shop.

OP do you have multiple ethanol maps or just the one and a 93oct map?

??

Maybe using the wrong terminology. I was thinking leak before the turbo such as EWG.

Something must be wrong for my engine load to be flat lining at 4.0. Engine load is based on MAF, so it seems like my MAF is reading high or there is a leak.

Maybe using the wrong terminology. I was thinking leak before the turbo such as EWG.

Something must be wrong for my engine load to be flat lining at 4.0. Engine load is based on MAF, so it seems like my MAF is reading high or there is a leak.

A vacuum leak (air leak before the turbo) will run you lean, particularly at low RPMs. A boost leak (air leak after the turbo) can run you rich. Have you tested for boost leaks?

Update

I cleaned the MAF and the trims went from -12.5% to +6%. I then did a boost leak test and verified everything was good up to 10psi.

I did a WOT pull and found I was running 5% lean, so I will need to add a little bit more fuel. I compared my pull from those over the summer when it was warmer and the results are similar, so I should be in good shape once I get the target AFR back to 11.9.

Thanks for everyone's help.

logs.thumb.jpg.0ad5abfec58403559499ea519d0145f0.jpg

Archived