LegacyGT.com

Injector Choice for Tomei 7760 (20g) on Healthy 5EAT 2.5GT??

JohnnyWas

Hey guys. Just rounding out the final details for my turbo upgrade portion of my build, and I'm trying to decide on what injector / pump setup is best suited for my needs.

I'm currently at Stage 2 with the following mods:

Tomei ELH, catless UP, catless down, full 3" catback, SPT intake, GFB 50/50

Sitting in my garage right now is:

Tomei Arms 7760, Turbosmart 40mm EWG, Grimspeed EBCS, Tomei inlet, FastMS FMIC, Top Feed TGV deletes (for top feed conversion rail setup)

Basically, looking to have a ballsy street car that I will be driving fairly regularly. I am on a very healthy 80k motor + stock 5EAT transmission. I've seen impressive numbers with similar setups, but I'm not a queen for numbers. I'd like something that'll get me a significant amount of power while maintaining reasonable longevity prospects...

Looking for suggestions in the 850-1050cc ranges.

Also, should I be considering E85 or flex fuel options?

Any input and experience is greatly appreciated guys!

Thanks much!

Had I seen it here first. I'd have answered here first!

I have a love/hate relationship with that site. There are a few very knowledgeable people over there... but also a ton of people that just clutter threads with noise.

Had I seen it here first. I'd have answered here first!

I have a love/hate relationship with that site. There are a few very knowledgeable people over there... but also a ton of people that just clutter threads with noise.

I haven't been particularly active on that forum in about 7-8yrs. From what I've seen, a much younger crowd driving WRXs now. SMH

Would E85 not be tempting fate without modification to your 5eat?

And at the moment there aren't any flex-fuel options. There's the Delicious Tuning "flex-fuel" kit. (Which to me, seems to require significant compromise)

I'd also assume that I.D.1000 or 1050 injectors would be plenty for that setup. Assuming you don't have longterm power goals of 500whp.

Would E85 not be tempting fate without modification to your 5eat?.

This is something I've been worried about, and you're probably right...

5EAT modifications are the next thought once I've dialed this turbo in. Maybe a valvebody upgrade... I dunno.

This is something I've been worried about, and you're probably right...

5EAT modifications are the next thought once I've dialed this turbo in. Maybe a valvebody upgrade... I dunno.

If I'm not mistaken most 5eat guys looking to make decent power do the valvebody upgrade and a trans cooler.

On pump gas 850cc would be more than enough. On my TD05-20G, my IDC were low 70%. I also run E85's but I have to taper boost up high as I run out of fuel. I would have switched to a bigger injector, but moving to top feeds is expensive compared to the DW850 sidefeeds I run.

I'm in a similar situation right now, I have a 5EAT and I'm in the process of converting to a twin scroll setup and decided to go with the ID 1050x. From everything I've read and all the tuners I've spoken to, the consensus seems to be they are great injectors at both low and high flow rates, so if you want to upgrade again in the future they should leave you some headroom to do that.

Archived