LegacyGT.com

Running hot

I looked through both the fourth gen section as well as this one and didn't see anyone else asks about my issue.

My car is a 2006 LGT with 65 miles shy of 80K. Earlier this year, my turbo failed. I replaced it myself with a non-factory stock replacement turbo. All went well, for the most part, and the car has been running fine. The only issue I've seen is the temperature on the gauge has been showing almost exactly at the mid point, where is used to run right at around the first mark. I chalked this up to the fact I lost a little of the original coolant when I drained the radiator for the turbo replacement (I kept the original coolant in a closed container so I could reuse it when I got the turbo replaced).

Tonight, I finally got some coolant (Peak Global) to top it off. I added coolant to the fill point on the overflow bottle then ran the car to warm up temp. The temp, again, went up to the midpoint on the gauge. I took the car for a drive, and the needle went up to just below the line below the red zone. What could cause this? I've had no CELs, and the car has been running well. I'm concerned the car will overheat when I drive to work tomorrow (about a 10 mile drive).

Thanks in advance

H2OSB

Archived