LegacyGT.com

Check Engine code p2109

So here's what happened. I was driving through town the other day and I felt a random loss of power and the CEL came on with the cruise light blinking. I coasted into a parking lot, no wanting to cause any more damage and shut the car off. I checked the oil and intake and everything seemed to be fine, so I limped it to Advanced Auto Parts, which was right down the road. the car seemed fine on the way there but I didn't want to test it. the guys at aap scanned it and it came up with code p2109 (throttle body or tps). i was late for work so I drove the car about 3 miles to work and the car seemed to run fine (besides having the CEL and not being able to set cruise). I got home from work and parked the car and let it idle for a minute, which also seemed fine. until the idle randomly dropped a. couple hundred rpms, but after that it stayed steady. I drove it again today and it also seemed fine. I'm planning on tearing it apart tonight and cleaning the throttle body to see if that fixes the problem. has anyone else had a similar problem or any ideas what it could be? the car is an 06 OBXT 5EAT

Archived