LegacyGT.com

Brand new 2018 Legacy Magnetite gray metallic!

legacy18

Brand new.. First subie.. Just got it a week ago.. added leds.. have HIDs sitting on my desk that im adding.. also looking to add smoked rain guards, sub, and exhaust just for a nicer noise.. any suggestions on any 3? and hows she look!?

20171209_113552.jpg

• 3 months later...
I have ordered a 3.6 R in the new grey, love the color. What do you recommend for the HID bulbs? I have a 2011 3.6R and over the years the lights have burned out. Changing them seemed like a pain, as I remember having to go under the wheel wells to replace.

I have ordered a 3.6 R in the new grey, love the color. What do you recommend for the HID bulbs? I have a 2011 3.6R and over the years the lights have burned out. Changing them seemed like a pain, as I remember having to go under the wheel wells to replace.

The 2018 3.6R comes standard with steering responsive bi-LED (low beam and high beam in one module) headlights. You cannot change them.

While I think the LED look cool, I prefer HID, my 5th gen Subaru had both hid low beams and fogs and night drive was amazing. For now I’ll stick with the current setup but I might end up upgrading to 6k HIDs down the road.

While I think the LED look cool, I prefer HID, my 5th gen Subaru had both hid low beams and fogs and night drive was amazing. For now I’ll stick with the current setup but I might end up upgrading to 6k HIDs down the road.

How? There is no bulb to replace. The LED is integrated into the headlight. If you wanted to remove the LED you will need to disassemble the headlight, remove the LED projector from the headlight, install an HID projector, wire in ballasts, etc.

Yeah, even if you changed to a halogen style bulb, the throw pattern is different because it's built for LED's. This is why changing your halogens in a Gen4 like my Outback isn't effective, the light is too diffuse. It's more than just plug and play.

Enjoy your LED bulbs - envy envy envy envy. :D

Also:

They fixed the "going through the wheel well" thing in the Gen5's. You don't have to do that any more. And yes, it was quite the pain. Nothing's worse than those little orange position lights above the turn signal though. My arms are still scarred from fighting my way in there.

• 1 year later...