LegacyGT.com

Possibly moving from OK to Co. Emissions??

scoobydrvr

it all really depends where you move, are you moving to bueller CO? I grew up on the the western slope here in CO and they never did any emission testing. then i moved to the front range and its like every two years they bother you. I just send some mail to my folks house for proof of my fake residency with them, to not take any emissions, just have to go to there dmv to deal with it... which is also good because there is no line because its such a small town.

also passed emmissons with a CEL P0420, and a very leaky exhaust, i would like to think we are relaxed about

no way to keep your OK plates for a couple years?

so honestly it just depends where you are going.

say WHAT???

Eagleeye its good to see you on the legacy Forums seen lots of helpful stuff from you lurking over on the outback site.

I'm sure colorado springs would do testing, you do at least have a cat (hi flow) and some people in that area might let you borrow the oem stock downpipe there are threads in the market place tab of people buy, sell, trade, borrowing... but it does suck to have to put it back together.

https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/cdphe/emissions-testing-changes-2015

this says something about maybe just an obd2 read, so i think you might be ok if your o2 sensors are in order but i think your right on the line of having to get it dyno tested

Hmm... Interesting. Would the roller dyno involve a tail sniffer, I guess? Thankfully I don't have any check engine lights, just not sure about my emissions quality.

Sorry for the silly questions. We haven't had inspections for at least 16 years here; I'm not sure what to expect.

No, you will not pass with an aftermarket high flow cat. I have an Invidia catted down and do not pass the sniffer. I have to swap to stock dp to pass the sniffer. The last few years I was able to get an OBDII scan and since I was not throwing a code, they passed me without the roller/sniffer action.

No, you will not pass with an aftermarket high flow cat. I have an Invidia catted down and do not pass the sniffer. I have to swap to stock dp to pass the sniffer. The last few years I was able to get an OBDII scan and since I was not throwing a code, they passed me without the roller/sniffer action.

That's a bummer... I wonder if I were to replace the resonator in my Q300 with another cat if it would be far enough up the exhaust stream to work?

• 2 weeks later...
really its not that hard to work around, make friends, or open a po box in a town that doesn't test and mail yourself something and go register in that town. Its not too crazy but a slight work around that hasn't been caught on to quite yet. its also a great way to take your lego on spirited drives to find fun roads.

Archived