LegacyGT.com

Big News: Subaru Confirms Limited Edition 50th Anniversary WRX STI

lagacyforce

Subaru of America confirms Limited Edition 50th Anniversary WRX STI. Will they get a special “Gold” paint?

Subaru says the 2018 sport-tuned WRX Limited trim sedan and the performance-tuned 2018 Subaru WRX STI Limited trim will get special 50th anniversary decorations to help celebrate 50 years in the U.S. market next year. The WRX/STI editions will feature a new, common color (not announced) and will come with special badging.

They must be Gold

50 years is certainly special and it’s the “golden anniversary,” so we are speculating the color scheme on the new WRX and WRX STI limited editions should be gold, right? It would fit with traditional anniversary colors and it doesn’t match any color currently in the Subaru lineup. So it would be only fitting for 50th Anniversary “Gold” Limited Edition models to roll out early next year.

Also Subaru's reference here.

Correct:

"All other top trim models get the special color and badging

Torque News reported in August the 2018 Subaru Outback will get 50th anniversary trim in the 2.5i Limited (2.5-liter engine) and also in the 3.6R Limited (3.6-liter engine) trim. The Legacy sedan (2.5i Limited and 3.6R Limited) and Impreza 2.0i Limited sedan and 2.0i Limited 5-Door compact vehicles will also be included. All three cars are manufactured at the Subaru plant in Lafayette, Indiana."

For some reason I keep thinking of this...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWF-hH1nloo]Datsun 10th Anniversary 280ZX Black Gold!!! - YouTube[/ame]

Why'd it take Subaru 40 more years than Datsun?

• 3 months later...

Archived