LegacyGT.com

Air intake ?

Yes, you can buy an aftermarket intake. No you cannot modify what you have and make it work correctly. How the air gets into the intake may differ by intake manufacturer but it is typically not a sealed enclosure as is the factory where the air comes in from the front of the car through a breather or intake tube. An open filter style of intake brings in the air from under the hood and bypasses the factory intake tube. Issue with these is that they can suck in hot air from the engine even though they come with a "heat shield" and you want the coldest air possible for the best performance. You may find a sealed box aftermarket intake (I haven't shopped them) but they do exist for other cars that I have installed them in the past.

... would I be able to modify the stock intake so it can get more air ?

Short answer: No. The stock cold air intake is about as good as you're going to get. Besides, any benefit would only occur at wide open throttle.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Short answer: No. The stock cold air intake is about as good as you're going to get. Besides, any benefit would only occur at wide open throttle.

+1 for the stock intake being as good as it gets for the vast majority of people.

-1 for anything being better at WOT. If the MAF scaling is not adjusted (tuned), then it will be off with an aftermarket intake, and there will not be any benefit - quite the opposite.

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

Archived