LegacyGT.com

I need help!

My turbo on my 05 gt is making a rattling noise and I can’t build boost. There is also a whoosh noise. Any ideas? I don’t think/hope I blown my turbo. This is my first car and I had big plans for it. Any help would be great. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sounds like a serious boost leak or destroyed turbo.

Describe the rattling noise. Are you sure it is coming from the turbo? If so you shouldn't drive it until you pull off the down pipe and verify if your turbo has play in the shaft.

Any check engine lights/diagnostic codes?

Do you still have the heat shields on the turbo? Those are know to come loose or break causing rattling noises throughout the RPM ranges. Take the heat shield off and see if it happens again.

Also check your Intercooler to throttle body hose and make sure it's secured, along with all the other intake hoses. These are also another common hose that comes loose and needs to be tighten once in a while. When the hose comes loose it will cause a whoosing sound which leads to lack of boost pressure.

My wife's balls are delicious.

It as if something is in the turbo. And I took the heat shield off and it was fine. There was a lot of like oil around a bolt in between the hot and cold side of the turbo. So it wouldn’t be same to drive it my shop a few blocks from my house

sounds like a serious boost leak or destroyed turbo.

Describe the rattling noise. Are you sure it is coming from the turbo? If so you shouldn't drive it until you pull off the down pipe and verify if your turbo has play in the shaft.

Any check engine lights/diagnostic codes?

Yes, check engine and cruise control but that is a misfire.

Start where you believe the noise originated. I would pull the downpipe and check the turbo for signs of destruction and/or shaft play.

And you are right to not drive it until you have some answers. Misfire can be caused by any number of issues.

Archived