LegacyGT.com

AUX Jack not working in center console.

If you think the aux input is antiquated wait until you put a usb stick on there, lol. I don't think I have heard of this happening before are you absolutely sure it is the plug that is bad? Maybe the harness leads are damaged or corroded.

Which head unit option do you have (or is it aftermarket)? The nav unit came with a 3.5mm jack and a USB port, but I think that center console thing is an add-on for the non-nav unit, and I don't know that I've ever heard anything good about it.

I can't say I've noticed much of an issue with the aux port on mine, granted I have the nav head unit, so we could be talking different parts and different harnesses. I could see the jack getting hogged out if you were to leave something plugged in to it all the time, though, rather than just when you were using it.

I haven't used mine in a while, and I'm pretty sure I've been rolling around with a cable plugged in for at least a couple years now, so take that for whatever it's worth...

Reliable, probably but I bet even more frustrating to use. I have used the usb port once and that was enough, the radio just has a bare bones player for usb media.

My understanding is there may already be a connection on the back of the radio, you just need the plug and wiring harness to connect it.

However, if it were me I would go aftermarket you will get a much better radio and user interface. Factory nav systems are very expensive and not very functional.

Archived