LegacyGT.com

Video of Bubbling Coolant Tank

Not normal. Are you experiencing any other symptoms - overheating, underheating, low coolant, engine performance problems, check engine light? If not, I would start by replacing both radiator caps. Note they are different part numbers.

No overheating or underheating that I've noticed. I'll add just a little bit of coolant to the overflow tank maybe every oil change. I was previously getting a CEL randomly for system too lean.

One other thing, my heat does seem to come and go when I'm using it. But I also have that constant ticking/gurgling etc under the dash that these things seem to be known for.

Can you hear any noise from there when the engine is running? Have you serviced the cooling system recently?

I haven't tried listening for it while running. I just always notice it after I turn it off. It's probably been over a year since I've had the cooling system opened up at all.

Burp the system. It sounds like air in the system and your heat coming and going, sounds like an air bubble around the turbo. Jack up the RF wheel as high as you possibly can. When it's cold, remove the cap, start the engine and wait for the coolant to go down and add as needed.

Burp the system. It sounds like air in the system and your heat coming and going, sounds like an air bubble around the turbo. Jack up the RF wheel as high as you possibly can. When it's cold, remove the cap, start the engine and wait for the coolant to go down and add as needed.

Sounds good. I have the front up right now putting new struts on, so I'll do it after that!

Thanks everyone!

Archived